Global Warming update

Statement from NASA's head of climate research:

(James Hansen, by the way, is the leading scientist promoting global warming. His boss says he faked the data.)

As Chief of several NASA Hq. Programs (1982-94), an SES position, I was responsible for all weather and climate research in the entire agency, including the research work by James Hansen, Roy Spencer, Joanne Simpson, and several hundred other scientists at NASA field centers, in academia, and in the private sector who worked on climate research. ...

[James Hansen] was never muzzled even though he violated NASA's official agency position on climate forecasting (i.e., we did not know enough to forecast climate change or mankind's effect on it). He thus embarrassed NASA by coming out with his claims of global warming in 1988 in his testimony before Congress.

My own belief concerning anthropogenic climate change is that the models do not realistically simulate the climate system because there are many very important sub-grid scale processes that the models either replicate poorly or completely omit. Furthermore, some scientists have manipulated the observed data to justify their model results. In doing so, they neither explain what they have modified in the observations, nor explain how they did it. They have resisted making their work transparent so that it can be replicated independently by other scientists. This is clearly contrary to how science should be done. Thus there is no rational justification for using climate model forecasts to determine public policy.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest FroggyOne2

If you have not caught on yet.. it is no longer referred to as "Global Warming" .. it is "Climate Change".. Just another left wing politcal snynaps of warning for the rest of us.. Alex Jones was right a long time ago..

Guest Big Mike

Think about it, I read/heard a few weeks ago that much of the ice was melting in Alaska and now we had fertile land at (moderate) teperatures. Maybe now we can plant crops on that land and feed some of the World's hungry. That's a good thing, right? No nutrition in ICE! Maybe we won't have to watch all those poor children in third world naltions with bloated stomacks and flies around their head. It should also make exploration for oil easier. As the northern States and Canada also warm, we will need less fuel to heat our homes, saving the environment and money. We will apply less salt to our roads to melt snow and ice, again a plus for the environment...think of all the lives saved from winter related vehicle accidents. Also airplane accidents from de-icing. What about the lives saved from heart attacks caused from shoveling snow? and on&on&on. :hat::D:death: Again, I think some global warming is a GOOD thing. PS. I live in PA:chill:

global_warming.jpg

Despite the severe winter storm warnings, these demonstrators are making ready for Al Gore's appearance before the Senate Foreign Relations Committee Wednesday morning to testify on the "urgent need" to combat global warming.

From the Patriot Post.

It was so globally warm at 5:00am this morning I had to wear a fleece long sleeve t-shirt to my truck.

It was so globally warm at 4:30am the weather channel had the windchill at 7deg.

Hey, Al, I want my global warming and I want it NOW!

It's amazing that one man can project himself into a representative of such a worthless cause. Let's cause fear and chaos with rumors and unsupported information. The earth go through cycles of warming and cooling. One guy states we need to make drastic changes or we will face an uncontrolable fate. This is the same guy who claims to have invented the internet. People need to pull their heads out of their 4th point of contact and see this for what it is. Lies and propoganda to push an adjenda to make money. I suggest a alternative. Let's shoot Al and burn his energy guzzling house to the ground. Let's shove his carbon credits initiatives up his rotting corpse and declare we are a free nation. People decry that we need to save our planet. Well we are only part of the problem. Every country that goes through an industrial revolution and advances their technology will break many environmental initiatives to further their causes. We cannot dictate the policy of the world. If we lead they do not have to follow.

Stop to damn propoganda and focus on making our country great again.