Local gun shop snobs

Guest cdsusong

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is this on a major network? Can you divulge many details?

Major cable network.

Same company that does another high profile "reality" "builder" type show.

That's all I really know at this point to be honest.

Funny you mention that. There is going to be one and we are among the 5 finalists for the project.......... so, keep your fingers crossed that we get it!
Major cable network.

Same company that does another high profile "reality" "builder" type show.

That's all I really know at this point to be honest.

Did they really tell you that they were that far in the cut?

FYI, the production company that you speak of is soliciting TONS of shops still, and I can name 3 off the top of my head that are currently in talks with the executive producer.

As late as last Saturday, they were still requesting test tapes from prospective dealers.

I spent 2 hours on the phone Monday discussing the project with Rebecca, and I dont think she mentioned that the cut was down to 5 shops.

*of course, perhaps this is all coincidence, and we are being considered for a totally different gunshop based reality show....

Guest GUTTERbOY
I'm in the same boat as you. 19 here, I would take you up on the offer for sure.

Hell with that... I've spent enough time doing retail work that I don't ever want to do it again. More power to whoever volunteers... hope you have lots of patience...

:D

*of course, perhaps this is all coincidence, and we are being considered for a totally different gunshop based reality show....

Sounds like it to me. The company that we are talking with doesn't have a "Rebecca" that I know of.

What company are you talking with?

What company are you talking to?

The same production company that has been talking to shops in Nashville, and several (owned by friends) in Georgia.

Hi Joe,

It was great talking with you yesterday. I just want to re-cap who we are and what it is we're doing. Pink Sneakers Productions has been creating original reality programming since 2001 for networks like VH1, MTV, and ABC. Feel free to check out our website www.pinksneakers.net. Currently we're developing an idea for a potential documentary series on independent gun shops with a fun and unique staff and clientele. From our conversation yesterday, I can tell you guys have a lot of fun over there.

At this stage, we ask people to make a test tape, which is basically a way for us to see you on camera and get a sense of who you are and what the shop is all about. Here are a few things we're interested in seeing on the tape, but should not be limited to:

-Introduce yourself and tell us a bit of background on how you got into the business. Feel free to talk about a lot of things we spoke about on the phone like your family, your philosophies on the industry, etc.)

-Give us a tour of the shop (inside, outside). This might be a good time to introduce your staff as well. Make sure to include names, ages, personality quirks, job description, etc. )

-Show us some of your inventory. (What do you specialize in, anything particularly unique in the shop)

-We're always interested in seeing you guys in action. If you guys are going to the range, or working with a customer--that's great too.

-Feel free to include anything else that you do regularly, at the shop or outside (staff meetings, gun shows, classes, going to the range, etc.)

Please feel free to call me directly with any questions, 407-464-2080, ext. 155 or you can always respond to this e-mail address, which I check regularly.

Thanks again,

Rebecca

REBECCA GOLDMAN

PINK SNEAKERS PRODUCTIONS

1000 COLOUR PLACE, APOPKA, FLORIDA 32703

P: 407.464.2080 F: 407.464.2081 WWW.PINKSNEAKERS.NET

There you go.

How about you?

Who is your guy? How you post it up?

So, I post mine, but you wont post yours?

lol. whatever man.

Anyway, good luck with the OTHER project.

Whatever Joe.

Shop Owner information

Shop Name: _____________________________

1.Name: __________________________

2.Age: ____________________________

3.Shop Address:

4.Your home phone: _____________________________

5.Your Cell Phone:_______________________________

6.Your Email Address: ____________________________

7.Website: _____________________________________

8.Best way to reach you: __________________________

9.Closest major city and airport: ______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

How long has your shop been open?

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Is it a family owned business?

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Do you have an onsite gunsmith? Does he make custom weapons?

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Do you have any of your immediate family members working in your shop? __________

Please list and describe each of your staff members, the role they play at the shop and personality? (Who is the jokester? The trouble maker)

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

What type of guns (weapons) does your shop carry? Do you specialize in anything particular?

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Briefly describe your clientele?

Does your shop go to any competitions or gun shows?

Has your shop won any awards or been recognized?

Is your shop involved with any organizations or clubs?

Is there anything else you think we should know about you and your shop?

This questionnaire and any other material submitted by me, including, but not limited to, pictures, film and videotapes, becomes the property of , shall not be returned and may be used in any manner in all media, worldwide, in perpetuity. I further understand that by submitting this questionnaire, Producer has no obligation to accept me, and my selection and participation in this or any series is in no way guaranteed, as this questionnaire is for the purpose of evaluating potential participants.

Signature: _________________________________ Date: ______________________

HOME TAPE INSTRUCTIONS

GENERAL INFO:

i)Your submission MUST BE IN VHS, MINI DV, OR DVD FORMAT. If you are using another format, please dub that tape to VHS.

ii)HAVE A FRIEND OR RELATIVE FILM YOU. It will make the quality of your tape better.

iii)MAKE SURE YOU ARE NOT BACKLIT. Standing in front of windows or other major light sources looks terrible on camera.

iv)DO NOT WEAR WHITE OR BLACK OR ANY OUTFITS WITH VERTICALLY STRIPED PRINTS as they may affect image quality.

CONTENT:

i)INTRODUCE YOURSELF. Give us your name, the name of your shop, where you are located, what you sell or specialize in, and what makes your shop the best! Speak clearly, conversationally, and be yourself. Do not read off of cue cards or make a presentation. We want to see your personality!

ii)We need footage of the day-to-day life in the shop, how you interact with customers and employees. Also if you shop has a range we need to see an array of people firing a variety of guns. We also want to see shots of the exterior of the shop and shot of the entire interior include the gunsmithing area if you have one.

iii)Be creative! Have fun with this! Let your personality shine through. If there is something you’d like to tell us that we haven’t asked, tell us! If there is a hobby or activity you like, show us. We want to know

iv)ADDITIONAL MATERIAL: If you decide to shoot a little extra footage of anything that would help us to better understand you, feel free! But don’t go too crazy. You are the most important part of this video.

v)LAST BUT NOT LEAST we understand that you are a gun storeowner and not a filmmaker. So the quality of the video doesn’t really matter we are essentially just looking for content and a great gun shop. Please keep the video 5-8 minutes long.

Finally, Please mail your video along with your questionnaire to:

Edited by jwp

No offense to the gun shop owners, however I cannot see any positives to a reality TV show for the gun shop nor the gun owners.

You can assume that these reality shows will edit and/or create controversial and contentious situations which will not present the gun shop, the staff nor the gun owners in a positive portrayal.

Some ideas the writers of the show might come-up with (yes, reality shows have writers; so how can it be a reality show):

1. Show the gun owner/store owner that almost shot someone in the store while looking at a new gun. You know, the new gun was loaded somehow.
  2. Show the incompetent “the joker†gun shop assistant doing something stupid with a gun. Maybe showing the customer how to load the gun with live ammo and then almost discharge the firearm. Better yet, have them blast a hole in the wall. For effect for those watching the show.
  3. Show a customer testing if ammo will fire by trying to hit the primer with their car keys.

Are you getting the picture yet? In my view, these reality TV shows will only provide more fuel to the anti-gun advocates.

:):D

No offense to the gun shop owners, however I cannot see any positives to a reality TV show for the gun shop nor the gun owners.

You can assume that these reality shows will edit and/or create controversial and contentious situations which will not present the gun shop, the staff nor the gun owners in a positive portrayal.

Some ideas the writers of the show might come-up with (yes, reality shows have writers; so how can it be a reality show):

1. Show the gun owner/store owner that almost shot someone in the store while looking at a new gun. You know, the new gun was loaded somehow.
  2. Show the incompetent “the joker†gun shop assistant doing something stupid with a gun. Maybe showing the customer how to load the gun with live ammo and then almost discharge the firearm. Better yet, have them blast a hole in the wall. For effect for those watching the show.
  3. Show a customer testing if ammo will fire by trying to hit the primer with their car keys.

Are you getting the picture yet? In my view, these reality TV shows will only provide more fuel to the anti-gun advocates.

I cant picture

or

happening but,I agree that no good can come from this.

I just hope that our Gun Shop owners realize they are good enough at their trades that they dont have to try to be a movie star.

So, I post mine, but you wont post yours?

lol. whatever man.

Anyway, good luck with the OTHER project.

I pulled that same line on a girl in 8th grade.

I showed you mine now, you show me yours!! and NO I dont have pics

2. Show the incompetent “the joker” gun shop assistant doing something stupid with a gun. Maybe showing the customer how to load the gun with live ammo and then almost discharge the firearm. Better yet, have them blast a hole in the wall. For effect for those watching the show.

Exactly.

It was cool to know Hero-Gear was being considered for such a show, and believe me, we all were having a fun time thinking of the crazy things that may have been captured on film, but then reality set in.

There is NO WAY the subjects of such as show will have any sort of editorial influence on this project.

Lets face it, sex, drugs, danger, chaos, and drama sells on TV.

We decided that the hard work we do supporting RKBA, and the positive image we work to built at Hero-Gear could easily be compromised in a vain attempt of chasing stardom.

I spent hours on the phone with the producers, and while they seem to not have an anti-gun agenda, they ARE pro-ratings.

Chasing ratings comes at a price, and we choose to not be a part of it.

I hope that if this program is produced, it wont hurt the image of the shop selected, or worse, the image and perception of the responsible gun owners out there.

Guest Astra900
Exactly.

It was cool to know Hero-Gear was being considered for such a show, and believe me, we all were having a fun time thinking of the crazy things that may have been captured on film, but then reality set in.

There is NO WAY the subjects of such as show will have any sort of editorial influence on this project.

Lets face it, sex, drugs, danger, chaos, and drama sells on TV.

We decided that the hard work we do supporting RKBA, and the positive image we work to built at Hero-Gear could easily be compromised in a vain attempt of chasing stardom.

I spent hours on the phone with the producers, and while they seem to not have an anti-gun agenda, they ARE pro-ratings.

Chasing ratings comes at a price, and we choose to not be a part of it.

I hope that if this program is produced, it wont hurt the image of the shop selected, or worse, the image and perception of the responsible gun owners out there.

:) Very good. Nothing good will come from it. Nothing.

Guest GUTTERbOY
I pulled that same line on a girl in 8th grade.

I showed you mine now, you show me yours!! and NO I dont have pics

Turned out to be a dude, huh? Yeah, I wouldn't have saved the pics either.

Here is a picture of you guys on your 8th grade class trip

transvestiteSKY_468x605.jpg

Dude, (s)He is a keeper! You should have sealed the deal!

Thats us!!

How did you get the pic?

The little girl that took it was named Josaphine,do you know her.

HAHA, Just funin