Taurus Warranty stinks

Guest m&pc9

This is sad to hear, I had almost talked myself into a 24/7

I dont want you to buy one, But if you do, don't buy it online. At least you can yell at a local dealer and make his life difficult until they get it right.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest cdsusong

So, this is definately a Taurus bash party. Now I will be ordering a NIB PT99 AFS tomorrow. I have read alot of good reviews on this gun and I feel confident. Seems the taurus revolver may be another story? Any good or bad reviews from you guys on the 99?

So, this is definately a Taurus bash party. Now I will be ordering a NIB PT99 AFS tomorrow. I have read alot of good reviews on this gun and I feel confident. Seems the taurus revolver may be another story? Any good or bad reviews from you guys on the 99?

it seems most taurus guns can be hit or miss quality-wise...

however, the beretta clones (which they've been making the longest, and what put 'em on the map) have been solid according to most of the reviews out there, mine were... but seems a lot of their other models are suspect.

that said, and luckily, i've never had to deal with their customer service to find out if it sucks or not...

No, they used to be owned by the same company and "shared" a lot of machinery and designs.

...they bought Beretta's Brazilian factory lock stock and barrel when their (Beretta's) Brazilian military contract was met (was a better deal for Beretta to sell them all the factory with all the tooling and machinery than to have it shipped back to Italy).

Guest bkelm18
...they bought Beretta's Brazilian factory lock stock and barrel when their (Beretta's) Brazilian military contract was met (was a better deal for Beretta to sell them all the factory with all the tooling and machinery than to have it shipped back to Italy).

He was asking about their connection to S&W, not Beretta. :D

I dont think this is a Bash party. I wish I would have seen the trouble before I told my sister to buy a Taurus. It seems if you get a good one your OK but if you get a bad one Taurus is going to make it worse, By jerking you around.

• 2 weeks later...

Taurus Update: My nephew got a paper in the mail today that said it will be 5 weeks more for the repair.:D WTH are they doing having to smelt the iron ore to make steel. Im so far past pissed its just funny now.:D

Guest Jeremey

Funny, I was just on the phone with them this morning. Was on hold for 30 minutes for the guy to tell me the part I need to repair a good friends Millinum Pro "should" be shipped to me in within the next 5 weeks. His girlfriend has a Taraus full size 357 revoler and has never had a problem. He bought a Millinum pro in .40 and the third time we went to the range the dissassembly pin broke locking the gun up with the slide half closed on a live round. This was the second week of December. I call them every 2 weeks and still have not gotten the part. By the way, their "lifetime warranty" does not cover this part. Was told this the day after his pistol broke when I called to ask how to go about shipping the firearm back to them.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest m&pc9

UPDATE: another letter said they have to send it to Brazil to be repaired. I know that is where its made, But don't we have gunsmiths in USA smart enough to fix it?

Guest GLOCKGUY
Good grief. :tough: That’s’ just jerking you around. If they have to send the gun back to Brazil; they should just replace it.

Thats what I was thinking. :eek:

Guest m&pc9
Good grief. :tough: That’s’ just jerking you around. If they have to send the gun back to Brazil; they should just replace it.

I agree, but they will not budge on anything. My nephew would like them to give his money back so he can buy a S&W.

Guest eyebedam
UPDATE: another letter said they have to send it to Brazil to be repaired. I know that is where its made, But don't we have gunsmiths in USA smart enough to fix it?

I would let them know this is what your planning to do if they dont replace the weapon & if they still refuse, I would scan the letters from Taurus & post them on every gun forum/board on the planet. A little provable bad customer service goes a long way especially with the gun community.