Help indentifying some guns

Guest thejlb

I was looking at maybe a rifle. My friend conveinetly enough has one for sale along with someguns he said they were his grandpas and doesn't even know what they are so if any one knows anything about these guns and can let me know That'd be awesome.

I'm really interested in the rifle as its a muzzleloader. Thougt it would be cool to have, but the pistols look nice too. Decisions decisions.

pistols

pistol002.jpg

rifle

pistol003-1.jpg

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The 'bigger' pistol is a Jennings .380, it's total garbage and worth about $40 on any street corner in America.

The 'smaller' pistol is what I think is a NAA mini-revolver. They are fine and worth about $100 on the same corners.

That muzzle loader looks to be one of those Knight's "wal-mart" package models, which sold new for about $150.

Guest coldblackwind

i've got a north american .22, and its not bad, not real accurate, but cmon, its like, 2" overall. I have a jennings .22, if you load the 10 round magazine half way only...then work the slide juuuussst right, then don't stop firing until the ammo is gone, you have about a 75% chance it won't jam. Don't know about muzzleloaders, but the prices they have put up above are about right for the jennings and the NAA. The more I look though, that may not be an NAA, its similar, but it doesn't look quite right...looks old too. There were a couple other companys who made ones that looked just like them, thought I can't remember who at present.

...The more I look though, that may not be an NAA, its similar, but it doesn't look quite right...looks old too. There were a couple other companys who made ones that looked just like them, thought I can't remember who at present.

Well, the company name/caliber engraving looks very similar, although I can't can't quite make it out..

Here's OP's original pic, bright/contrast boosted:

naa.jpg

Here's .22LR model from NAA site. Engraving not exactly the same, but same layout. Maybe just older NAA model, dunno.

lrNEW2.jpg

Guest gcrookston

I believe JWP was on the money for the identifications and was perhaps extremely generous for the values, he has more experience in current gun values, I would have given 50 to 75% less, especially for the Jennings, but I think he knows better than I, especially in this market.

Edited by gcrookston
I believe JWP was on the money for the identifications and was perhaps extremely generous for the values, he has more experience in current gun values, I would have given 50 to 75% less, especially for the Jennings, but I think he knows better than I, especially in this market.

I didn't say I would GIVE that much for any of them, just that he might be able to TRICK someone into giving him that much, in a dark room, after a long night with little sleep and no real understanding of what they were actually buying.

You could get more out of a nicely shaped yam, but those are tasty and can be used for something.

Guest gcrookston
I didn't say I would GIVE that much for any of them, just that he might be able to TRICK someone into giving him that much, in a dark room, after a long night with little sleep and no real understanding of what they were actually buying.

You could get more out of a nicely shaped yam, but those are tasty and can be used for something.

JWP, you are much more polite than I. A cooked Yam would be much more appreciated than these guns in my house.

Edited by gcrookston