Shooting in Clay county

gregintenn

20 minutes ago, gregintenn said:

First off Prayers to the victums!!!   I hope the wounded all survive. Now as far as the world going crazy!  I think a good many have some real issues that they need to begin dealing with. It is either drug related or Domestic related most likely. Could be home invasion but if so it was probably over drugs or drug money.

I will never understand why people have to think someone has to get shot over drugs or Domestic issues. Neither one ever turns out good when a gun is involved. Over the years there have been several domestic disputes in my family at one level or another and a gun was never used to solve any of them and they all worked out just fine.........JMHO

• Like 1

A little misleading, but yes sorry to those effected.:

News Channel 5 in Nashville is reporting one juvenile is dead and two adults were injured Monday after a shooting in Clay County.

The Tennessee Bureau of Investigation posted to Twitter that authorities have arrested a man connected to the shooting.

The incident happened when a school bus driver arrived at the home where the shooting took place to pick up two students.

The TBI said a young female boarded the bus, along with an adult who had suffered a gunshot wound. The driver took the two to the Mt. Vernon Fire Department, where they called 9-1-1.

When authorities arrived, they found a man outside the home who had suffered gunshot wounds. Inside the residence was a female juvenile who died.

Clay County Schools officials have confirmed the incident did not happen on the bus, as first thought, but instead occurred at the residence.

Two adults were taken to a Nashville area hospital.

Schools in that area have been placed on a precautionary soft lockdown.

This is a developing story. Additional details will be shared as they are made available.

17 hours ago, Erik88 said:

I don't think so but it could be. I read the perp was a guy living on their property doing work for them. No idea why he shot them.

I have come to a conclusion many times a nutcase does not need a reason to kill someone. They just do it out of peer old meaness. That is why I tell everyone to keep your head on a swivel when at all possible. One never knows when a nut case may decide to kill someone..........JMHO

Edited by bersaguy