Glock or Saiga.......

Guest burninbarns

Guest burninbarns

So, I've got myself a bonafide dillema on my hand.

Moneys been pretty tight,but the old lady is getting some of her money back from the guvment and has promised me a shiny new GLOCK seein as how I let my Kahr cw45 go to pay some bill of hers a while back.

I told her it would run around 6-7 hundred dollars and shes fine with that.

Then I run across a very convincing blog about the 223 Saiga and how it's a good buy.Cheap,realible, will feed cheap commie steel 223.The guy made a good argument that as far as he knew no one makes 7.62 domestically and if they stopped importation it would be a matter of time before all that surplus ammo ran out and or got too expensive to justify.

However if they ever do ban import ammo and the cheap 223, that is still plentiful (who wants to run that crap in their shiny $1200 dpms sportical:D) then you could simply pony up and buy the expensive american made stuff.

It will be about 6 months before I would be able to purchase which ever gun I don't buy now.I'm pretty confident I'll still be able to get a 21sf or 30sf for $600 then.But how long before $800 wasrs and $450 sks' are gone and the poor little saiga with the funny stock fetches close to four figures????

HELP ME DECIDE

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well you can get rid of the funky stock on the Saiga and do the conversion and she looks pretty mean....course by the time you spend that money a galil/golani might be the better choice cause the only hi cap mags for the Saiga are aftermarket. I have thought about a .223 saiga as well since I love my .308 and 7.62 ones.

So, I've got myself a bonafide dillema on my hand.

Moneys been pretty tight,but the old lady is getting some of her money back from the guvment and has promised me a shiny new GLOCK seein as how I let my Kahr cw45 go to pay some bill of hers a while back.

I told her it would run around 6-7 hundred dollars and shes fine with that.

Then I run across a very convincing blog about the 223 Saiga and how it's a good buy.Cheap,realible, will feed cheap commie steel 223.The guy made a good argument that as far as he knew no one makes 7.62 domestically and if they stopped importation it would be a matter of time before all that surplus ammo ran out and or got too expensive to justify.

However if they ever do ban import ammo and the cheap 223, that is still plentiful (who wants to run that crap in their shiny $1200 dpms sportical:D) then you could simply pony up and buy the expensive american made stuff.

It will be about 6 months before I would be able to purchase which ever gun I don't buy now.I'm pretty confident I'll still be able to get a 21sf or 30sf for $600 then.But how long before $800 wasrs and $450 sks' are gone and the poor little saiga with the funny stock fetches close to four figures????

HELP ME DECIDE

chances are very good that you will NOT be able to buy either in 6 months, If I were you I would get the 21SF and several magazines for it, I have one and love it I and I am a 1911 guy, :cool:

Guest Abominable_Hillbilly

Arguments could be made for either purchase. If it were me, I'd buy a rifle first. Especially if you're interested in a Saiga. Imported semi-auto rifles are likely to be a first target of the anti's.

I like my .223 Saigas. Light, and, for what they are, accurate. They're hard on brass, though.

willis, so what's the diff in the regular 21 (hate) and the SF?

I hate the Regular 21 as well, but the SF fits my hand perfectly, I suggest that you wrap your hands around one and see for yourself, when I first looked at them I could not tell a difference in the 2 until I gripped it,

Good Luck!