polish p64

Guest rockbottom12

Guest rockbottom12

have been looking into getting one of these for concealed carry. From all i can find they are extremely reliable. also i have found a site that carries tons of info on them. Does anyone have any experience with them?

looks like i am looking at $160 pre fees and such.

The best looking one i have seen.

main_attraction.jpg

the green grips i really want.

01.jpg

stock not customized

08.jpg

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I shot one last week.

It *stung* pretty badly in the webbing of my hand. More than a PA-63 or my .38 derringer. I only shot one magazine and decided it wasn't for me.

I strongly suggest shooting one before you buy.

Guest rockbottom12

the website of all the info (kinda leery of posting it b/c it has a forum, and I dont know how the admins feel about the competition although it is more gun specific)

http://www.p64resource.com/index.php

Where to get the gun.

http://www.jgsales.com/product_info.php/handguns/polish/p/polish-p64-9x18-makarov-double-action-walther-ppk-style-very-good-plus-condition/cPath/16_385/products_id/2453

Guest rockbottom12

i think the hornaday defense ammo is like $15 for 25 rounds. I like this gun for carry purposes. I can change the grips out to a customized grip, extra mag, custom leather holster for what i would have in just a keltec. then I have a one of a kind carry pistol that is tough as nails. From what i understand the common complaints are 1. the recoil has a bite to it.(small gun) 2. the da pull is a little harsh, (fix: replacement springs $10)

Lucily i have a friend who carries one of these so ill be heading out to the range soon to give one a tryout.

Guest Loaded247

I've got one. Rock solid, rugged, and reliable. Very nice condition as well....basically looks like a new gun. I now carry it everyday as my pocket/back-up gun. I would buy another one without hesitation.

As to the trigger pull, yes, it's VERY heavy, but for personal reasons, I decided to keep it that way. The pistol is very smooth, so it can be drawn from a coat pocket with no snagging whatsoever. The pistol is surprisingly accurate. As to the recoil, I personally don't find it to be all that prohibitive...it reminds me of the .380 NAA Guardian that I used to have...it kicks due to it's size, but for it's role as a back-up/hideout weapon, it will do.

Money well spent, in my opinion...