Flordia Carry Permit

Guest RemedyCNC

Guest RemedyCNC

Yes, I know this is a Tennessee forum but my dad told me this and I thought it was interesting. He said that if you take the 4 hour gun safety course in Flordia, you can get a carry permit good for seven years. Why is this a big deal? He is a resident of Alabama! Apparently it makes no difference where you call home. Take the test, pay the fees, and get your permit. Anybody know if there is more to this than what he was told? He is going on Sunday to do it.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is a list of all states that issue non-resident permits and how to aquire them.

NOTE!! Some states do not honor non-resident permits.

(CO, KS, MI, FL, SC, WV and NH)

Florida doesn't recognize the very non-resident permit they issue?

What am I missing here?

Shouldn't this be in the Carry forum?

- OS

Florida doesn't recognize the very non-resident permit they issue?

What am I missing here?

Shouldn't this be in the Carry forum?

- OS

FL will issue a permit to any US resident as long as they meet the qualifactions* and the FL permit will let you carry in FL.

FL will honor out of state permit's but only if the holder is resident of the state the permit was issued in.**

So in FL you have to have either a FL permit or permit for the state you reside in.

See FL Law

*Title XLVI 790.06(2)(a)

**Title XLVI 790.15(1)(:P

FL will issue a permit to any US resident as long as they meet the qualifactions* and the FL permit will let you carry in FL.

FL will honor out of state permit's but only if the holder is resident of the state the permit was issued in.**

So in FL you have to have either a FL permit or permit for the state you reside in....

Oh okay...that computes, thnx.

- OS

Guest Legally Armed

It is not necessary for everyone to take a four hour safety course. The state of Florida will issue a non-resident Florida CWL to any veteran of any branch of the U.S. Military who sends in the $ 117 fee & can pass a criminal background investigation. No civilian safety training is required. Also, if a person can show just about any type of firearm safety course, and can pass the criminal background check, they can get the Florida non-resident license. Their license is for five years but, the fee of $117 does not go down on renewals.