RK show at the agricenter in memphis....any good?

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see it only has 250 tables and the ones in Nashville have between 600 and 850 tables. Would it be worth it for me to drive to nashville instead of going to memphis?

I'm looking for a kel-tec and everybody around here seems to be out of stock.

I've never counted, but I don't recall ever attending any gun show in Nashville with 600-850 tables. Hell, I think 250 would be a stretch.

Been to the fairgrounds twice, left both times 10 dollars poorer, disappointed, and jaded.

Had a vendor offer to trade me a Keltec p3at for my Walther PPS straight up.

$500 Ruger LCP, ect.

Been to the fairgrounds twice, left both times 10 dollars poorer, disappointed, and jaded.

Had a vendor offer to trade me a Keltec p3at for my Walther PPS straight up.

$500 Ruger LCP, ect.

And you passed on that deal :wall:

LOL :mad:

Yeah I went to the one in Knoxville yesterday.....actually more firearms then junk which was nice, however I got there at 2 and they started closing down at 3:30 so that was $10 wasted. Most of the prices were pretty rediculous. Frontier Firearms had a NIB Saiga 7.62x39 for only $800 lol. Romak 3 for $950.00 I did see a bone stock DPMS AR-15 flat top for $800...that was the best AR deal I saw there....Most dealers had bushmasters priced at $1300.00 I saw a Double Star that costs $650 3 months ago for the low price of only $1100 :D What really was disappointing was the Crockett Creek jerky vendor left before I could buy some.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest David Waldrip

The Shelby County 4-H Shooting Sports group will have part of a table at this show and is putting on a fundraiser. We're selling donation tickets for this moving target system from Caldwell.

Donation tickets are $3 for one and two for $5. Drawing is Sunday at 3.

On the other side of the table will be Directors from the Tennessee Shooting Sports Association.

And, at the front door, our own Crunchman will be the NRA Recruiter offering the "Join the NRA, Get Into the Show Free" promotion.

Come see us at the Agricenter!

-David

Guest mustangdave

For the $$$ RK Show is better than the Fairgrounds...at least you can breathe...RK is a bit more spread out and uses the Williamson County AG Center...there are a LOT of venders.

Guest rockytop
For the $$$ RK Show is better than the Fairgrounds...at least you can breathe...RK is a bit more spread out and uses the Williamson County AG Center...there are a LOT of venders.

Are you referring to the NASHVILLE Fairgrounds or the MEMPHIS Fairgrounds? The thread starter was asking about the Memphis show.

RK Shows produces a show in the Memphis area which, in the past, has been at the Memphis Fairgrounds.

I see it only has 250 tables and the ones in Nashville have between 600 and 850 tables. Would it be worth it for me to drive to nashville instead of going to memphis?

I'm looking for a kel-tec and everybody around here seems to be out of stock.

I know some of the local dealers will be there. Brighton Arms has some Kel-Tecs as does some of the guys from Mississippi.
Guest fastshotivy
I know some of the local dealers will be there. Brighton Arms has some Kel-Tecs as does some of the guys from Mississippi.

Do they have a Kel Tec Sub 2000?

Guest David Waldrip

Folks,

Just wanted to say "Thank You" to those who came by and bought a chance on the Caldwell target system. The proceeds totaled $440, all going to the Shelby County 4-H Air Rifle Team.

Also, Crunchman said he projected his team would process 200 new NRA memberships through the "Join The NRA, Get In Free" promotion.

Two good days, good results, and good people.

Thanks again.

-David

Also, Crunchman said he projected his team would process 200 new NRA memberships through the "Join The NRA, Get In Free" promotion.

GREAT news. If I wasn't already a member, I would have done that in an instant!

Guest truthsayer
Folks,

Just wanted to say "Thank You" to those who came by and bought a chance on the Caldwell target system. The proceeds totaled $440, all going to the Shelby County 4-H Air Rifle Team.

Two good days, good results, and good people.

Thanks again.

-David

I had no idea that was you. I'm the one that said "I'm too lazy to fill anything out today. Can I just give money?"

Guest Crunchman

Well, we didn't quite reach 200....pending our partners final count we're at 186. Both the NRA and 4-H booths were pretty steady with customers. Jeremy (with R.K. Shows) said their count was over 2,000 people through the doors for the weekend. As far as sales at the firearm vendors, TNT from Selmer (for example) had people lined up 3 deep at each of 4 stations for NICS processing most every time I managed to walk by.

It was great to finally meet David and the rest of the guys at the 4-H table face to face!

Jeremy (with R.K. Shows) said their count was over 2,000 people through the doors for the weekend.

I can't believe they would get it wrong but there were easily more than 2000 people there when I was there.

We call the Nashville Fairground show the Goodman Flea Market. If you need civil war stuff or maybe a nice china set, that is the place to be!

Normally I go to the RK show when it comes to Smyrna. It at least has guns.

Guest David Waldrip
I had no idea that was you. I'm the one that said "I'm too lazy to fill anything out today. Can I just give money?"

Well, shame on you!!! Thanks again for the donation - that will help us with the expenses of traveling to the state shoot on April 18th.

Hope to make your acquaintance down the line, then.

-David