Thank You!

I want to take this opportunity to thank the people that took the time to donate reloading equipment to a good Christian boy up in Crossville TN. The donations of both equipment and supplies(bullets, powder, primers) have made it possible for him to get started on a hobby that will hopefully last a lifetime.

I took the donations to him this weekend and he certainly was excited. He could hardly wait to get the press bolted down and the powder measure calibrated. We loaded a box of 30-30's, and went right out to shoot them. Talk about happy. Caleb wanted me to thank each and everyone who donated.

Special thanks to Rightwinger who donated many items including, scales, powder measure, brass, bullets, case trimmer and much more. Thanks to new member here, Johnny Utah for a donation of a case tumbler.

Below is a photo of the first round loaded and the second pic is most of the equipment.

If someone would still like to sustain this program, then he will need more bullets, or a bullet mold, lead(wheel weights, etc), or ? Just contact me if you would like to help.

Best to everyone,

Mike

DSCN3065b.jpg

DSCN3050b.jpg

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's great! Nice job, guys!

I must have missed the thread about needing supplies. I don't reload, nor do I know anything about it, but I'd be willing to buy something he may need.

What exactly does he need, and where's the best (cheapest?) place to get it? I'm in the Crossville area almost every Monday morning.

Triple Digit Ride,

Thanks for replying. Caleb was lucky to find a man getting out of reloading who donated powder and primers. So he has enough to last him a while. The other consumable is bullets. He can always use bullets for his 30-30. I'd like to get him a Lee mold and teach him how to cast his own. Then as he scrounges lead(wheelweights), he can cast his own.

Midway has been a reasonably priced source of components.

http://www.midwayusa.com/

One man in Virginia, ordered him some bullets from Midway and had them shipped directly to Caleb.

As far as particulars, he could use:

.308 jacketed Flat Point bullets(tube magazine in the Marlin)

.308-.309 cast flat point bullets (150-170 grains in either) or

Lee .309 bullet mold. (any weight as long as its flat point)

Not available at Midway, but maybe someone here works at a tire store:

Lead(wheel weights, plumbers lead, etc)

I'm going to try and find him a used lead pot or a used turkey fryer to melt it in.

TDR, thanks for offering to help. If you decide on something, PM me and I'll help coordinate it.

Coop

Another great big THANK YOU goes out to our own, TripleDigitRide. He was kind enough to send Caleb a huge box of bullets. This will keep him shooting for a long time.

A lot of fine people have stepped up to help Caleb get started in reloading and TDR is a great example of the kind of folks we have in our sport/hobby.

Thanks,

Mike

Guest offroader1994

I ahve about 30 lbs of lead if you can get him the mold i help out with the lead that he needs for his reloading. The lead is in shot and small peices up to half brick size.

Hello and good morning.

Yes, that is a good deal on the molds. They seem to run about $20 from all the major suppliers.

Thank you for wanting to help. I think he will learn to cast, just like he picked up on the basic reloading. As for your lead, he is in Crossville. How far is Harriman from there?

I'll PM you with contact info.

Thanks again,

Mike

• 4 weeks later...

Update

Caleb wants to send out a big THANK YOU to our own BigPoppa!

Bo was kind enough to send Caleb a gift certificate from Midway USA for reloading supplies. This generous gift will keep Caleb in bullets and powder for a good while.

Thank you Bo!!!

Anyone else wanting to help this boy continue learning to reload and cast bullets, please let me know.

100_2617.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Another Donation Update....

I want to send out a big THANK YOU to a donor that will remain anonymous . He was kind enough to send Caleb a box of reloading stuff ! Caleb got the box today and in it was Lee Alox, lead dipper, and rifle brass!!!

I talked to Caleb just now and he wanted me to once again thank not only this person, but all the good folks here at TGO for all they have done to help him in his reloading. He plans to be casting soon. Another member here has promised a Lee lead melter and some #2 alloy to go in it.

Here is Caleb with the brass and Alox. I think that green shirt must be his lucky reloading shirt.

image0002-1.jpg

Donation Update......

Sorry, no pictures.

Caleb and I want to send a THANK YOU to our own KahrMan. Bill was kind enough to meet me today and donate 3 cans of powder, a box of loaded 30-30's and a box of .45 brass. He tells me the powder is supposed to work great in the 30-30.

Caleb really appreciates all the donations that he has received from the good folks here at TGO.

A man in New Mexico just sent Caleb a Lyman .30 mold that will work great with his 30-30. Another person in Canada saw that the mold had no handles, so he is sending a pair. Caleb is almost ready to start casting his own.

Thanks again Bill. It was a pleasure to meet you. Hope we get to shoot together soon.

Mike

• 2 weeks later...

I visited Caleb this weekend and delivered the donated items to him. He again wants me to thank each and every one who has helped him.

While there, I helped him set up his MEC 600Jr shotshell loader. He had sold enough eggs and a couple of roosters to get the money to buy this loader. That should keep him in shotshells for a while. I just need to find him some shot, primers and wads.

Here is a pic of Caleb with the new 30-30 mold and handles.

Thanks to everyone!!!

Mike

image0003-1.jpg

• 1 month later...

Caleb Update.........

A couple of weeks ago, an ANONYMOUS DONOR, made a really generous contribution to Caleb's reloading/casting efforts.

This Good Samaritan sent Caleb:

A Lyman 450 Lubrisizer with .309 die and top punch

Several hundred .30 cast boolits

.30 gas checks

Lee .30 mold and

.30-30 brass.

I took these items to Caleb this weekend and he was really excited and ready to get them put to good use. He loaded some of the 311041 boolits in his Dad's 30-06 and we went and shot them. The Lyman 450 will have to be mounted and the handle repaired before he can use it. He is holding the "over torqued" handle in the picture. He is going to try and find someone to repair it for him.

Caleb wants me to express how grateful he is for all the donations that have come from TGO members. Without these, he would not be able to afford to shoot or reload.

A special thanks, once again to our own ANONYMOUS DONOR. You can be assured that your donation went to a good cause and is being used.

Mike

100_2805.jpg

DSCN3295.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Yet another update on Caleb....

Caleb received a very generous donation from a man in New Jersey that read about Caleb on the CastBoolits site. mikenbarb was kind enough to send Caleb a whole box of casting items. He sent:

Small electric casting pot(needs a special cord, PM me if you might help)

Lead

Set of Lyman scales(missing the hanger and pan if you have one)

Several bags of cast boolits

30-30 cases

Lube pad

Micrometer

RCBS Case Lube

The RCBS case lube turned out to be a mixed blessing. Somehow in transit, the tube of lube burst. And with all the turning over and over of the box in the Postal Service, it coated every single thing in the box in sticky, gooey, case lube. shocked.gif

Caleb is certainly grateful for all the donations he has received from both here and there. He wanted me to thank you all once again for all that you have done for him.

Mike

100_2839.jpg

• 10 months later...

Ok, it's been a while since we had a Caleb update. Today Caleb received a package from our own kb4ns in Memphis. He was kind enough to send Caleb a set of Lee 9mm dies to help get him started in loading some pistol rounds. Caleb's dad has a Ruger 9mm and doesn't shoot it due to the ammo price. So now Caleb will be able to start loading for his Dad. Thank you again, kb4ns. Here is a pic of Caleb when he received the dies.

100_3558Small.jpg

Jason,

It seems he has most of the basics now. It seems he is always short on powder and bullets. I know we can't ship him powder, but I can hand deliver it if anyone wants to donate some. KahrMan donated some rifle powder back last summer and I delivered it when I visited Caleb. Bullets or other "reloading goodies" can be mailed to him.

If anyone is interested in helping Caleb, just PM me for his address.