Holster and Carry suggestions

Guest Fenris

Guest Tn.Mitch

Fenris,hi im a nubie too,I tell ya that alotta these gun stores carry alotta of holsters in stock,Galco,Gould Goodrich Blaclhawk serpra,don Hume,and many more.What I did was take my gun in with me ,without a clip in it and unloaded,in a zipper up case,and I would unzip it and set the unzipped case down on counter opened,but with the gun still in it, where they clould pick up the gun them selfes to be sure it was unloaded,then they can help you to show you what they have in stock for your needs ,IWB,OWB,and for the gun that you have,so you can try them on,an see how they fit,and stick your gun in there also to check to see how it fits the holster.that is how ive bought all my holsters,ive only ordered one from www.Tennesseeholstercompany.com its im east Tennessee,the minuinights,like Quakers ,make them by hand very nice holster its a clip on belt type,very comftroable.you can check them out,What im trying to say is,if you order all these holsters youul have to wait to get them,also if you dont like them,then you have to ship them back,if they will take them.The ones in the stores,you can try them out right there ...no problems..maybe find something you like for now,then as time goes on and you read more from these guys on here about different models for different guns,and you can get some better ideas.Thats just the way I have done it,ive only been here for about 3 weeks now,I have a Galco,Gould Goodrich,and the one I ordered,and a blackhawk serpa for my Glock 27Also have a sholder rig for it,its a Fedral brand and I allmost forgot, a Uncle Mikes IWB,its like swede or velvet,man its so comfortrable,but one you draw ,you cant hardley get the gun back in because the mouth of the holster closes up,the top of the holster isnt reinforced,you will learn all of this in time from reading the fourms or by trying them yourself.I bought a OWB,the only one I have ,Yesterday for my Smith&Wesson Sigme VE 40 cal. to open carry sometime,and my Glock also fits it.I also bought me a new pocket holster for my Bretta Tomcat 32 cal. its a nice dark Brown leather one its made by Don Hume,goes in my right front pocket $40.00 for it.I had one of those Desantis Nemesis (Ambidextrous) holster for it,it was made outta some cheap rubber or something,its all ready wore out from 3 months use it was just $20 bucks,,the new Don hume was 40 bucks,it oughtta last awhile.I also have bought a couple of mag pouches to clib on your belt for spare mags,100's of rounds of ammo,and I got some Meprolight Tritum night sights put on my Glock last week up at Guns and Leather by Jeff Walle, bought a good leather gun belt,so what im saying is ive spent alotta money the past 2 months buying up all this stuff,alittle at a time,but Ive hand hands on expericence with each thing,except ,the one holster that I order,and luckly I really like it and use it quite alot(around the house)im like you after all the stuff I have bought and have,all that is missing now is my HCP. Feb.the 7th is my day for my class,You are ahead of me on that part of it,and im ahead of you on all this outher stuff LOL...WEll for me now its a waiting game,I wish you luck on finding all the stuff your gonna need when the mail man brings you your permit,you will be ready to go.....good hunting my friend...hope I have helped you in some way........ Tn Mitch B)

Edited by Tn.Mitch
  • Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic