G19-COMPENSATED OR NOT

Guest TNK

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you think it has too much recoil or rise you need a heavier gun or smaller caliber. The 19 is about as tame as you're gonna get. You also have the added disadvantage of all the flash being put right up into your eyes. In dim light that is a big problem. The only value i see in any ported gun is in the very large calibers and in some competitive venues.

i used to shoot the 21 and 22 both compensated couldnt tell much of a difference between the 22 and 22c at all , i could feel a little difference between the 21 and 21c. but dont shoot them at night although they look cool breathing fire the flash will blind you, it takes a while to get your eyes focussed back in.

Its not to much. I carry a 40 s&w now. I just came across one today at my gunshop and it was calling to me lol...Ive read you can just slip a non compensated barrel in it if you dont like it. Really im just wondering if the compensated barrel will take away from bullet velocity or not.

Guest abailey362

what is the purpose of the gun?

for carry or defense I say no...for a gaming gun, depends on how your eyes react to the added flash

how much they wanting for it?

Its not to much. I carry a 40 s&w now. I just came across one today at my gunshop and it was calling to me lol...Ive read you can just slip a non compensated barrel in it if you dont like it. Really im just wondering if the compensated barrel will take away from bullet velocity or not.

as far as velocity i dont think there would be much of an effect people shoot subcompacts all of the time and claim the velocity is just the same.

Guest GUTTERbOY

There's far too much reason and logic in this thread. All you need to know is that the compensated version comes with ten free cool points.

:)

:(

In all seriousness, one con that hasn't been mentioned is that a ported semi will get a heck of a lot dirtier. I have a ported XD, and the front sight has a white dot for the first couple rounds, followed by five or so rounds with a gray dot, and after that you might as well just not even have the dot at all. And the entire inside of the slide gets coated with powder residue.

But I still like it.

Guest Todd@CIS

For defensive purposes?

Cons

1. More visible muzzle flash.

2. If and when you ever have to fire from a weapon retention position, there's a pretty good chance you could be injured from the escaping gasses.

Pros

{cricket, cricket}

For gaming and range use?

It doesn't really matter...what ever floats your boat.

Regards

Edited by Todd@CIS
For defensive purposes?

Cons

1. More visible muzzle flash

2. If and when you ever have to fire from a weapon retention position, there's a pretty good chance you could be injured from the escaping gasses.

Pros

{cricket, cricket}

For gaming and range use?

It doesn't really matter...what ever floats your boat.

Regards

Hijack alert!!

Say he is in a boat, and doens't shoot his butt off with the Glock but the round hits the deck of the boat. Will he sink his boat, or will the flash from the muzzle help re-weld the aluminum?

Just askin?

i think if he is close enough to the boat, and it is an aluminum boat not wood, and the gun is pointed in the right direction, it might just weld the whole back shut.

pros and cons please...

pros: few. reduces recoil, and supposedly allows for quicker follow up shots (which is great if you're shooting at elephants with a big ass S&W .460 hand cannon! relatively useless when shooting 9mm with it's already tame recoil...)

cons: many. dirty front sight gets hard to see.... really the whole gun gets dirtier inside. ...if you have to fire in the dark in an SD scenario you will be blind after the first muzzle flash... the gun can pick up more dust/lint/debris while holstered... harder to clean properly...

comps are really only good or needed when shooting BIG revolver calibers IMHO.

Meh i like mine. I bought it because i like the flames.

Its strictly a range gun though.

Nothings beats loading some 9mm with a powder with low flash retardant. ie: Blue Dot.

They're a little louder too,.

550 before tax is a tad steep IMO

That's why I wouldn't want one.

You could always get a non-compensated barrel to put in it if/when you decided to carry it for defensive/offensive use.

Does anyone know if Glock's have a reputation for cracking in the ported are? I have heard of some others having the issue.

I've never heard that...

never had any problem like that with mine.

Guest GUTTERbOY

You know, I'm not sure I buy the idea that the muzzle flash will instantly blind you at night. I really don't think it'd be significantly brighter than any other handgun... and even then, the flash lasts such a short time that I don't see it seriously affecting night vision.

I mean, I can get up in the middle of the night, when my eyes are fully adjusted to the dark, and turn the room light on for a second or two, without losing my night vision.

Guest 153blue

everyone knows the C stands for cool model. har har. ok jk.. :(

pros: its different than the regular models. it looks cool with the slide cuts. it looks cooler with the flames coming out of the slide cuts. it looks even better with a threaded stainless barrel (non-ported of course) visible through the top slide cuts with a can attatched.:)

cons: you have a better chance of your attacker seeing your muzzle flash. (with the ported barrel.

id say if you are so worried about the flames then buy a non ported barrel and sell off the stock ported one. or keep it for when you're feeling like a badass and wanna spit flames like a dragon:devil:

Edited by 153blue

it was already gone when I went the other day anyways lol...I think im gonna pick up the G17. They have one left, and Im not looking for a carry gun. This gun is gonna be more of a SHTF gun...yeah yeah foil hats and all lol...but seriously im just look for a super reliable gun in 9mm, one that can go through hell and still function. So its either the 17 or an xd

Guest Todd@CIS
but seriously im just look for a super reliable gun in 9mm, one that can go through hell and still function. So its either the 17 or an xd

No.

Of those two, just the 17... :wall::D