First pistol in a very long time

Guest RUGER

Back when I was 21 I had a Llama 45 and later a Ruger single six and that has been the extent of my pistol experience.

I just picked up a Glock model 23 in 40 caliber yesterday.

Looking forward to shooting it and I will have my concealed carry class within the next month.

From most everything I have seen / heard it should be a good pistol.

I can see me wanting more carry options in the future. :tinfoil:

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest johnmattwill

Welcome to TGO....Congrats on a great pistol.... Let us know how you like it and how it shoots....

Range reports and Pics are a must!!!!!! :tinfoil:

Memories....first handgun I had was a Llama .357 magnum...and got it at Wal-Mart of all places, my how times have changed over 20 years, huh?

Oh...and just for the record, in TN it Handgun Carry Permit, it allows to carry Open or Concealed. Look forward to hearing about the class and the day when the permit comes in.

Guest bkelm18

Congrats on the new purchase. As much as it pains me to say it, you really can't go wrong with a Glock. By god they may be ugly as sin and feel like a 2x4, but they go bang every time.

Congrats on the new purchase. As much as it pains me to say it, you really can't go wrong with a Glock. By god they may be ugly as sin and feel like a 2x4, but they go bang every time.

just don't shoot yourself!!

congrats on the purchase though...and welcome to the forum!

never miss an opportunity to practice and especially never miss an opportunity to practice safety!!!

Back when I was 21 I had a Llama 45 and later a Ruger single six and that has been the extent of my pistol experience.

I just picked up a Glock model 23 in 40 caliber yesterday.

Looking forward to shooting it and I will have my concealed carry class within the next month.

From most everything I have seen / heard it should be a good pistol.

I can see me wanting more carry options in the future. :D

Welcome aboard! :bow:

I've never shot a 40 cal, but many people like it. You can't have too many options, though.

Guest Tn.Mitch

Congrats on your glock 23,I bought the 27 instead...both are 40 cal. Smith&Wesson, and they were the same price but I like the smaller sub compact size of the 27,its easier to conseal IMO... :) and welcome to the fourms.