Got it today!! Taurus Pt145

Guest fastshotivy

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad to hear you got one. Three hundred rounds should give you a good idea about it. I still have my pt-745 that I qualified for my HCP with; I don't carry it often anymore, but I take it to the range when I go, and keep it under the pillow at night. Pretty good quality for the money; virtually no problems with it. And for some reason I like having a gun with an actual safety for under pillow duty.:tinfoil:

alright... I'm curious now!! Held a used 3rd generation pt145 at the shop today. What would be a decent price range? I know it's hard to say without seeing it in person but it is def used with normal wear and tear. It is blued with 2 mags and original box.

Guest fastshotivy

$200.00 tp $225.00

New one in Jackson $329.00

I got a real deal on this one I got. I work hard to find a real good deal. It payed off. Now I place a order for a New KEl Tec pt9 and a SUB 2000 in a 40cal...

I paid about $350 for mine new about 15 months ago. I am really happy with it, it is my primary most of the year, (I carry a 1911 in the winter since I can wear a jacket). The only warning I would give is that holsters that say they fit it where actually designed for the non-Pro guns and fit can be pretty poor. I have a bianchi that is supposed to fit it but is fairly hard to holster and really hard to draw, but it sure isn't going to fall out. I thought it would break in but it hasn't, which would normally be a good thing. Anyway, I have a Don Hume IWB that I am happy with. Otherwise I am very happy with mine and I really like the Heinie sights, if you don't you can get it with 3-Dot.

Guest oldhack62

First, I'm glad you like your gun, and hope that continues.

But, I also found this thread funny in an ironic sort of way, because just yesterday I traded my almost-new (fewer than 150 rounds though it) 3rd-generation PT145 for another-brand, 45-caliber pistol at a local gun shop because it was enough different, in two visits to the firing range, from my other weapons that I found no comfort level with it.

I certainly am no basher of Taurus firearms, and acknowledge that my PT145 performed flawlessly (outside of the deliberate challenge of feeding antique cartridges in the first 40 rounds) mechanically. I just didn't care for the ergonomics. A personal thing.

Guest fastshotivy

Well I have been to the range this weekend I have put over 2000 round in it. I still love this gun. Wish I'd had it long time ago. Looks like I may have to start reloading now..... I also was looking at the Pt111 Saturday too..

Well I have been to the range this weekend I have put over 2000 round in it. I still love this gun. Wish I'd had it long time ago. Looks like I may have to start reloading now..... I also was looking at the Pt111 Saturday too..

I concur, you definetly need to start reloading.