SHOT Show 09: Bought myself a little 1911

BimmerFreak

Good news: I bought a new 1911 and got a free knife thrown in!

Bad news: It wasnt cheap!

Many of you know that I have a very (unhealthy) obsession of buying expensive 1911s.

Its a bad habit, but hey; at least I dont spend all my money on crack! :rolleyes:

I stopped by the LTW booth at SHOT, and found this little beauty:

IMG_0022.jpg

IMG_0017.jpg

IMG_0018.jpg

IMG_0019.jpg

IMG_0020.jpg

IMG_0021.jpg

I came back with the leather and the knife, and should receive the Colt in the next week.

More good news: Steve did a matching Colt Detective Special with matching engraving from JR French.

It is having the ivory grips fitted, and will be available for me to purchase in the next 30 days.

Bad news? I need to dig deep and find another couple/three grand!

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

All that money and no lightened trigger or Bobtail....heresay! ;-D Beautiful hand cannon....in your experience how long does it take for a custom job like that to start appreciating in value?

I have an Ed Brown if I want to shoot a bobtail :rolleyes:

Just like everything in this world; this gun is worth exactly what someone will pay for it.

That being said, based on the quality of the gun, names associated with it, and parts used, I stole it at 8k and it will only go up in value.

Wow, that is one beautiful gun ya got there.

One question though: If you use a gun like that to shoot an IDPA match and you drop it in the mud, is there a special way to clean the ivory grips? I don't know much about ivory and was just curious.:rolleyes:

Wow, that is one beautiful gun ya got there.

One question though: If you use a gun like that to shoot an IDPA match and you drop it in the mud, is there a special way to clean the ivory grips? I don't know much about ivory and was just curious.:rolleyes:

Yeah, I ordered a Fobus drop leg holster for it so I can use it for 3Gun this year.

I am thinking about painting it flat black so its more tactical, and maybe drilling it out for a tactical rail so I can mount one of those really cool green lasers that are coming out of China :grouchy: