The future of TGO and other Gun Boards

I don't remember this being discussed here or elsewhere. At the present time we are enjoying our freedom of speech, and our enjoyment of firearms, and our appreciation of the Bill of Rights. I'm wondering what will happen to TGO and other gun boards if the Obama Administration and the Liberal Congress pass laws requiring the registration of ALL firearms with the Attorney General. Will we clam up? Will we "go out of business?" I can't imagine "business as usual." I can't imagine posting pics of our favorite AK, or GLOCK 22. No more gun show reports. Just wondering...

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest EasilyObsessed
I don't remember this being discussed here or elsewhere. At the present time we are enjoying our freedom of speech, and our enjoyment of firearms, and our appreciation of the Bill of Rights. I'm wondering what will happen to TGO and other gun boards if the Obama Administration and the Liberal Congress pass laws requiring the registration of ALL firearms with the Attorney General. Will we clam up? Will we "go out of business?" I can't imagine "business as usual." I can't imagine posting pics of our favorite AK, or GLOCK 22. No more gun show reports. Just wondering...

I dont see how registering firearms has anything to do with posting pictures of them on the internet.

I have seen plenty of picture of suppressors, fully automatic guns, SBRs and the like on here and all of those are registered.

Guest GUTTERbOY

I think that a lot of people would refuse to abide by any registration scheme, which would in turn probably discourage them from posting pictures of their toys for the public to see.

Guest pjblurton

I don't think I would change a darn thing in regards to TGO or any other gun board...

I might however consider changing my screen name to something a little less obvious and spoof my ip address...

Guest Astra900

I'll just keep posting a picture of my .22 single shot over and over.

After all it was papaws and even though it's evil, we keep it around cuz it was his. We threw out all the ammo though, just to be safe:D

I am not entirely convinced the new administration/BATFE will have sufficient manpower to monitor and watch all of the firearms-related boards, forums, weblogs, and other websites out there across the internet.

This is, however, assuming that the People's Army concept does not actually come to pass... at that point, your neighbors will be just as dangerous to your rights as anyone stumbling across this webpage.

Speaking personally, I will keep posting, both here and elsewhere, until such time as my door is kicked down.

So far the only damage I have seen done since the election has been by those claiming to be “Pro Gunâ€.

I don’t see a situation arising where I will have to stop posting pictures of my guns, or posting on a gun forum.

We're not going anywhere anytime soon. Freedom of Speech would need to be abolished before we'll close up shop.

Once the right to keep and bear arms is abolished, freedom of speech won't be far behind! :rolleyes::tinfoil::P

I think TGO will be around for awhile. I feel something ('AW' ban, higher ammo taxes) will happen but full-out registration isn't in our near future (IMO).

• Administrator
Once the right to keep and bear arms is abolished, freedom of speech won't be far behind! :rolleyes::tinfoil::P

I think TGO will be around for awhile. I feel something ('AW' ban, higher ammo taxes) will happen but full-out registration isn't in our near future (IMO).

That's why everyone needs to get off their asses during elections and VOTE the anti-gun politicrats out of office. Conservatives lost the '08 Presidential elections; Liberals didn't win it.

Amen!

I make it a priority to vote in every election. With early voting, its really not that difficult to make it to the polls. For some reason, some people don't get it -- you HAVE to vote.

I always tell everyone that if they don't vote, they have no right to complain!

Conservatives lost the '08 Presidential elections; Liberals didn't win it.

I would like you to be right about this, but my personal admittedly pessimistic opinion is that the number of conservatives is shrinking, and that the number of liberals is growing. Once people learn that they can vote money to themselves, which is what this past year is all about, Democracy is on the slippery slope.

Guest HexHead
I would like you to be right about this, but my personal admittedly pessimistic opinion is that the number of conservatives is shrinking, and that the number of liberals is growing. Once people learn that they can vote money to themselves, which is what this past year is all about, Democracy is on the slippery slope.

That's exactly what Obama is trying to achieve with these "recovery package" bills he's touting. Give people money for nothing and they will support liberal ideals forever.