From an old photo album.................

Bob Wright

This photo was made around 1971 or so.  It was shot on Kodak Plus X  35 mm film, and the print scanned into my computer.  This was my entire handgun battery about that time.  Top to bottom:  Ruger Super Single Six .22 L.R (a convertible), Blackhawk .357 Magnum, Blackhawk .41 Magnum, and Super Blackhawk .44 Magnum:

1972_zpsqx6djscb.jpg

The .22 was a favorite squirrel gun at the time, using .22 WRF in the .22 WMR cylinder.

A   5"   .44 Magnum Super Blackhawk and 4 5/8" .41 Magnum.  I got the .44 about 1979 so this photo dates about then.  The .41 now fitted with a Super Blackhawk grips frame:

ca.%201986_zpsdh48c1lb.jpg

Bob Wright

Edited by Bob Wright
  • Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, DWARREN123 said:

Nice set. Do you still have them all?

No, Sir.  I have the .357 Blackhawk, the 5" Super Blackhawk, and the 7 1/2" Super Blackhawk.

Rest assured I am still well armed!

This is the .357 Magnum today:

100_9995_zpsa62ac1cf.jpg

This is the 7 1/2" Super Blackhawk today:

100_0041_zpsktlvzqap.jpg

And this the 5" Super Blackhawk as of todya:

100_0029_zpsa7266473.jpg

Each one of these guns has in excess of 17,000 rounds fired through it.

Bob Wright

Bob Wright

Edited by Bob Wright

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

TRADING POST NOTICE

Before engaging in any transaction of goods or services on TGO, all parties involved must know and follow the local, state and Federal laws regarding those transactions.

TGO makes no claims, guarantees or assurances regarding any such transactions.

THE FINE PRINT

Tennessee Gun Owners (TNGunOwners.com) is the premier Community and Discussion Forum for gun owners, firearm enthusiasts, sportsmen and Second Amendment proponents in the state of Tennessee and surrounding region.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is a presentation of Enthusiast Productions. The TGO state flag logo and the TGO tri-hole "icon" logo are trademarks of Tennessee Gun Owners. The TGO logos and all content presented on this site may not be reproduced in any form without express written permission. The opinions expressed on TGO are those of their authors and do not necessarily reflect those of the site's owners or staff.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is not a lobbying organization and has no affiliation with any lobbying organizations.  Beware of scammers using the Tennessee Gun Owners name, purporting to be Pro-2A lobbying organizations!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to the following.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.