Nashville - Favorite local TV personality

BigPoppa

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Since Dish Network took away my local channels two years ago I dont even know who is on in Nashville anymore. I do remember Amy somebody on ch5 that I liked. I did not like the weather man on the same channel.

I got my locals back on Direct TV but its Memphis. Talking about a difference in the news.............

• Administrator

Man, I can't believe anyone likes Nancy Van Camp. She is as flaky as a snowstorm, and that's just the impression I've gotten from watching / listening to her on TV!!! Anytime Mr. Tim isn't doing the weather, I turn over to another channel. :up:

Tell us how ole Nancy is a nut job!

I know if there is a small thunderstorm in south Texas headed our way in 48 hours, Nancy will turn it into a major tornado!

My wife prefers watching Lisa Patton for her weather. I privately think of Lisa Patton is a major drama queen. Everything in the world of weather is more dramatic when she's involved. :up:

I vote for Steve Hayslip as he can really be funny! Stuff just comes out of his mouth that is funny and the the rest of the crew have a hard time keeping a straight face.

That is entertainment! Second would be Amy as she has to try and keep things on an even keel and that too can be funny.

:up:

My wife prefers watching Lisa Patton for her weather. I privately think of Lisa Patton is a major drama queen. Everything in the world of weather is more dramatic when she's involved. :up:

You can estimate the severity of a weather event by counting the number of times Lisa says "under the gun" ;)

Tell us how ole Nancy is a nut job!

I know if there is a small thunderstorm in south Texas headed our way in 48 hours, Nancy will turn it into a major tornado!

Oh God....the stories my brother comes to the dinner table with when we meet at our parents' for Sunday night's family supper.

Remember when she kept breaking into the Nascar race a few years ago to tell us about a storm that was in Memphis...WSMV broadcasts don't reach the Memphis area.

She was using it for "on air practice". Manangement called it "abuse of power" and told her not to do it again. She just breaks in on the commercials, now.

She's always going "mental" about some small affair.

My dad went over to the station where brother's truck had broken down during work hours. As he was helping replace the starter, she came out and was introduced. my father confirmedReservoir Dog's worst fears.

I believe his phrase was, "what a goofball."

I wish I had some good ones off the top of my head.

Most are so bad, my brother can't disclose because he fears if they got out, he may lose his job. most of the time when I see him, all he says is, "Nancy did it again today." Then he'll just laugh.

Just take my word for it, he elevator don't go to the top floor.

Brainious Flightious...:D

Guest HexHead
who's your favorite local news anchor / sports person / weather person ? and why ?

here's mine.................

Amy Watson from Channel 5. :love::D

6074239_SS.jpg

The guy that sits between her and the slutty looking weather girl when she's there. He's got to be sitting there thinking "3-some" half the time. :D:D:D

The wife and I invented a drinking game in which you take a shot every time Lisa Patton used the phrase "under the gun" during a storm. Tried to actually play it once but we were hammered within 20 minutes.:love:

Lately I've really enjoyed Serrita (sp?) Baker on wtvf. She does the remotes where something interesting happened during the night. She is talking completely out of her ass. Last week there was a shooting in a stairwell of an apartment complex. She said "Authorities tell us this occured in some type of stairwell, inside some type of building".

As opposed to a free-range stairwell? :D

Great for entertainment value at 0500.

buk

Guest Todd@CIS

Remember when she kept breaking into the Nascar race a few years ago to tell us about a storm that was in Memphis...

My Nascar lovin' southern wife STILL mentions something about that everytime she's on...and I get the famous line she used during those break-ins "Folks are upset, but that's just the way the cookie crumbles."

To this day she calls her the "cookie crumbler."

The wife and I invented a drinking game in which you take a shot every time Lisa Patton used the phrase "under the gun" during a storm. Tried to actually play it once but we were hammered within 20 minutes.:D

Lisa Patton always makes me think she "plays for the other team"...if you know what I mean.:love:

again....my brother used to work for WKRN and says she's straight as an arrow....go figure.:D