Been fired

Wasn't sure where to post this and couldn't get access to the General forum. Please if needed.

Received a phone call this morning From the NRA-ILA Tennessee Grassroot Coordinator who fired me for my negative comments about the incompetent NRA Tennessee liaison.

It appears one of my fellow TN EVC's "turned me in", probably on this site. I understand that "if you take the king's coin you must do the king's bidding" but it still burns since the issue about the liaison isn't one that the NRA hasn't heard about.

Been the 1st District's Election Volunteer Coordinator since the program began back in 1994.

Guess "the gun lobby" can't take the heat.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sorry about you losing your job Tim. You've sent out a lot of good information to help gun owners over the years. You will be missed but I know you will stay in the fight in some other way.

I saw your comments about the lady in question:

As for the NRA, :: shrugs:: they tend to play a "can't we all just get along" position rather than draw a line in the sand. The current NRA liason hasn't done us much good. She's apparently willing to talk to legislators but refuses to take advice from Tennessee gun owners/organizations. Quite a disappointment so far. We at least had the ear of her predecessor, Darren LaSorte.

Who is she and where can we find out how to contact her? If we can.

Sorry to hear that, Tim ... hope you're not too disappointed.

I lost faith in the NRA a good while ago - you're better off now, as far as I'm concerned.

I did, however, recently come across the TN Firearms Association & sent in my annual dues ... looks like good work going on over there, from my initial scratching around.

I'm really sorry to hear about that, Tim. I have much respect for anyone who's willing to take such a chance by speaking their mind.

Unfortunately, the Internet is full of spineless jellyfish that attempt to pass themselves off as men. You are twice (probably more) the man.

Very, very well said TDR . . .

Guest jackdog

who ever ratted you out, I can only hope that he is followed to the end of his days by bad karma. Who ever you are if your on this board you sir are a spineless piece of :D.

Tim I would venture to say it is their loss not yours. Chin up your manhood is intact.

I'm sorry about you losing your job Tim. You've sent out a lot of good information to help gun owners over the years. You will be missed but I know you will stay in the fight in some other way.

I saw your comments about the lady in question:

Who is she and where can we find out how to contact her? If we can.

<!--StartFragment -->Heidi Keesling is the NRA lobbyist for Tennessee. I don't have an email for her now; will post one when I get it.

Guest Schwarzgebrannt

This is what happens when you have lobbyists who are in it because of connections, personal ego, and a paycheck, instead of being one of us.

Heidi Keesling, eh? We'll see.