More LCR info

Guest eyebedam

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Meh.

So, they will sell for the same price or more than a S&W 442, is only 1 ounce lighter than the J, and you are stuck with plastic + Ruger.....

I think I will pass :D

As in you won't own one or won't sell them? These will sell like crazy as many people don't like the Hillary hole on many of the S&W guns.

---on another note---

The LCR has an IL also...just hidden.

As in you won't own one or won't sell them? These will sell like crazy as many people don't like the Hillary hole on many of the S&W guns.

---on another note---

The LCR has an IL also...just hidden.

Oh, im sure we will sell the crap out of them.

Will I own one? No.

The only Ruger wheelgun im interested in is an SP101, and I am looking for a ragged out and abused one to send here for a full house custom job:

http://www.geminicustoms.com/Revolvers%20&%20Services.htm

The only Ruger wheelgun im interested in is an SP101, and I am looking for a ragged out and abused one to send here for a full house custom job:

http://www.geminicustoms.com/Revolvers%20&%20Services.htm

I am with you on the SP...My CC gun +1.

I have personally spoken with a several people who have gone the Gemini route. All of them have LOVED it. The only reservations that they have is the porting job...Lots of flash (as in blinding) with hot .357 loads.

Guest Brian@GunDepot

Not sure if its posted yet, but here's downrange tv review on it.

http://www.downrange.tv/artman2/publish/industry/391.shtml

Personally, Im not into a plastic revolver, but it will sale for sure. Ruger's sp101 is still their best revolver. Speaking of Gemini Customs, I had a customer get the nightstalker package put on his sp101 and I have to say Marc's work is awesome and well worth the price.

I am thinking of trading my Security Six for a S&W honestly.

That Security Six will still be going strong long after the Smith goes out of time or starts skipping.

Fixed that for ya :mad:

Recent Ruger pistol intros:

SR9- 100% recall still in effect

LCP- 100% recall still in effect

My confidence and love for Ruger? .01% :P

Guys like you kill me. Let's see:

Glock puts their frame rails in backwards, what did they call it? Not a recall, some other euphemism.

Kel-Tek needs F&B.

1911's are unreliable without a ton of work, Kimber's MIM parts break, service is awful.

The legends go on and on. Ruger finds a problem, proceeds to take care of it... and they get gripes.

Some people are never happy. Do you whine because you have to wipe when you're finished, too? :screwy:

Guys like you kill me. Let's see:

Glock puts their frame rails in backwards, what did they call it? Not a recall, some other euphemism.

Kel-Tek needs F&B.

1911's are unreliable without a ton of work, Kimber's MIM parts break, service is awful.

The legends go on and on. Ruger finds a problem, proceeds to take care of it... and they get gripes.

Some people are never happy. Do you whine because you have to wipe when you're finished, too? :rolleyes:

Yeah. You're right.

Rugers ROCK! And Bill Ruger was a great man, that was selfless, supported the gun industry, and was a champion of gun owners rights everywhere :rolleyes:

For the uninformed:

"The best way to address the firepower concern is therefore not to try to outlaw or license many millions of older and perfectly legitimate firearms (which would be a licensing effort of staggering proportions) but to prohibit the possession of high capacity magazines. By a simple, complete, and unequivocal ban on large capacity magazines, all the difficulty of defining "assault rifles" and "semi-automatic rifles" is eliminated. The large capacity magazine itself, separate or attached to the firearm, becomes the prohibited item. A single amendment to Federal firearms laws could prohibit their possession or sale and would effectively implement these objectives."

Bill Ruger

March 30th 1989

Now, that position is terrible. It sucks. That is not how it should be, and Mr. Ruger was flat out wrong.

Now, the company's firearms don't seem to agree with that position. And this was a discussion of those arms, not Mr. Ruger's incorrect stance.

Anyway, my point was there have been many issues over the years with all types of arms. You have made a clear point for your distaste for Mr. Ruger, though.

Now, that position is terrible. It sucks. That is not how it should be, and Mr. Ruger was flat out wrong.

Now, the company's firearms don't seem to agree with that position. And this was a discussion of those arms, not Mr. Ruger's incorrect stance.

Anyway, my point was there have been many issues over the years with all types of arms. You have made a clear point for your distaste for Mr. Ruger, though.

Actually, that same BS attitude is very strong at Ruger.

I spent 4 days with the biggest dealers in the US, where we worked with manufacturers to project and order guns/etc for the coming year.

In speaking with the a V.P. and national sales manager from Ruger, I made a very simple suggestion:

Offer the MKIII pistol and 10/22 rifle with a factory threaded barrel.

The response?

Ruger Management: "Why would we ever do that"

Me: "Because we sell a ton of this stuff, and 90% of it gets modified with new barrels so they can accept a suppressor"

Ruger: Look at me like I just said "lets go kill some nuns"

Me: "You know, like guys that want to purchase and own suppressors....you realize those are legal....right?"

Ruger: "Yeah, that doesnt really fit with our philosophy. We dont really support our customers doing that sort of thing"

Me: "Philosophy?"

Ruger: "Yes. I dont think we want to be associated with that sort of thing"

Me: "Look I dont know about your philosophy, im just telling you how you can sell some more f*cking guns"

So yes, Bill Ruger's spirit is alive and well in AZ.

Hey, to all, in case you haven't kept up with current events, Ruger is no longer run by any member of the Ruger family. Mike Fifer, whom I personally know and consider a good man, has done a phenomenal job with Ruger over the past few years, and like what was said, at least Ruger stands by their product and addresses a problem quickly and with total tranparency. If only alot of other companies, guns, cars etc, would follow suit, we would have much safer products. But what do I know.....