Shotgun accessory opinions

Smith

I'd really like to add a better stock to my new tactical shotgun as well as a shell carrier and a fore grip. I really like the ACE stuff and found out they make an adapter for the 870. Question is what do you guys think of it? Here is a one of their stock pictures. Wouldn't go the folding route becasue I want to add a shell carrier.

870_FX%20ergo_292w.jpg

Other two things I would like is a shell carrier and a fore grip like on the Serbus. Is the Mesa worth the cost over the Tacstar? Is the Serbus fore grip made only by them? I can't seem to find much on them. Thanks.

super_shorty_870.jpg

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been asking around about the Ace stocks on ar15.com for my wasr and have gotten rave reviews from everyone. I didn't know they made one for the 870 though, looks cool.

I'm also going for the Mesa Tactical shell carrier, it's much more solid and has a gap that lets your serial number show, which is required for a Class III gun.

Good luck and make sure to post pics when you get it done!

buk

I've been asking around about the Ace stocks on ar15.com for my wasr and have gotten rave reviews from everyone. I didn't know they made one for the 870 though, looks cool.

I'm also going for the Mesa Tactical shell carrier, it's much more solid and has a gap that lets your serial number show, which is required for a Class III gun.

Good luck and make sure to post pics when you get it done!

buk

I had an ACE on my Ak and it was indeed nice!

Guest c_o_jones

The Knoxx Specops Recoil Reduction stock is affordable, works as advertised,

and it is pretty close to an M4-style adjustable stock in dimensions

and shouldering "purchase" for the purposes of training continuity & familiarity.

The "power pack" add-on includes a shell holder, optional battery storage tube and a comb riser for optics.

You can mount any or all of these accessories.

Mossberg.jpg

Guest flyfishtn

c.o. jones is right on the money. The Knoxx stock is excellent and the power pack add on keeps those extra shells handy and absorbs the recoil. I put one on my Mossy 590 and would do it to another shotty as well.

Hey Nate, does this mean that CD shotty you bought accepts 870 accessories?

Sorta. The stock takes some minor fitting (i'm told) and the shell carriers work with a little mod. Both of the frame pins on the CD are the same size as the rear pin on the 870. Mag tube extensions will not work unless they are welded on. Threads are too different.

Sorta. The stock takes some minor fitting (i'm told) and the shell carriers work with a little mod. Both of the frame pins on the CD are the same size as the rear pin on the 870. Mag tube extensions will not work unless they are welded on. Threads are too different.

I see... and I take it nobody makes mag tube exts for it?