Phil Valentine debate on gun ownership?

Guest mark_justmark

Guest mark_justmark

Does anyone listen to Phil Valentine? I caught a bit of a show awhile back where he was debating someone against gun ownership. I tried to find it on his web site but failed.

The debate went something like Phil easily getting them to admit that only cops should carry guns because they are good people. Since good people haven't ever broken the law, thus everyone except criminals should carry guns.

I just hoped someone could straighten me out on the exact debate.

Thanks,

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Phil is completely Pro Gun and was, he may still be, part of the TN militia. I did not here this exact debate but i have heard enough of them to know that Phil has all the logical angles down that a anti-gun person should not want to take him on. In this case it sounds like they learned the hard way.

The debate went something like Phil easily getting them to admit that only cops should carry guns because they are good people. Since good people haven't ever broken the law, thus everyone except criminals should carry guns.

I think everyone has broken laws, Even cops.

Phil Valentine is the man. I agree with pretty much everything he has to say... except the whole non separation of church and state thing.

His books are really good as well. Might hunt for them at the library.

Phil is completely Pro Gun and was, he may still be, part of the TN militia. I did not here this exact debate but i have heard enough of them to know that Phil has all the logical angles down that a anti-gun person should not want to take him on. In this case it sounds like they learned the hard way.

Agreed.

Phil Valentine is pro-gun and pro-HCP. He has both.

One of the names of the chapters in his book is "Guns are Good".

I, too, listen to Phil in the evenings, but don't get to hear the entire show.

I haven't heard this particular debate, either.

But, hands down, Phil has a his head in the right place as far as being correct on gun matters...IMHO.

It was interesting listening to Phil last night when he mentioned that he would have voted for Ron Paul had he not screwed up when talking about the fact that he would pull straight out of Iraq.

Guest nraforlife

Phil was/is a WO in the Tennessee State Guard. Don't know his current status as he has moved out and back in State since last I saw him.

I thought Ron Paul was a great conservative presidential candidate, until it came to his view on foreign policy...

That put him in the screwball category.:P

That's what I thought before McCain got the nomination and that's what the media wanted us to think. I have since watched several of his videos on youtube and other places and now think he was by far this countries best hope for getting out of some of this mess we are in....YMMV...

That's of course if you don't want to live in the USSA.

You can see a few of them here..

http://financialtruth0.blogspot.com/

Guest bkelm18

RP's foreign policy was a bit different than what we are used to but it was skewed by the media and it portrayed him as a nutjob. My Grandfather, who voted for the O of course, said he would have voted for RP if he had gotten the nomination. He said RP's mistake was that he spoke the truth, and thats not what the country wanted to hear.

With no offense intended to your grandfather, how could his personal choice have been narrowed down to the complete opposite ends of the spectrum? RP and O???? That makes no sense to me. I do, however, agree that Ron Paul DID speak the truth and that was his largest problem.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest mark_justmark

I wrote to Phil Valentine, here is his reply.

----------------------------------------------------------------

<script type="text/javascript" defer="defer"> if (typeof YAHOO == "undefined") { var YAHOO = {}; } YAHOO.Shortcuts = YAHOO.Shortcuts || {}; YAHOO.Shortcuts.hasSensitiveText = true; YAHOO.Shortcuts.sensitivityType = ["sensitive_news_terms"]; YAHOO.Shortcuts.doUlt = false; YAHOO.Shortcuts.location = "us"; YAHOO.Shortcuts.document_id = 0; YAHOO.Shortcuts.document_type = ""; YAHOO.Shortcuts.document_title = "Re: Phil Valentine debate on gun ownership?"; YAHOO.Shortcuts.document_publish_date = ""; YAHOO.Shortcuts.document_author = "phil@philvalentine.com"; YAHOO.Shortcuts.document_url = ""; YAHOO.Shortcuts.document_tags = ""; YAHOO.Shortcuts.document_language = "english"; YAHOO.Shortcuts.annotationSet = { "lw_1233453846_0": { "text": "police officers", "extended": 0, "startchar": 535, "endchar": 549, "start": 535, "end": 549, "extendedFrom": "", "predictedCategory": "", "predictionProbability": "0", "weight": 0.498226, "relScore": 2.12493, "type": ["shortcuts:/concept"], "category": ["CONCEPT"], "wikiId": "", "relatedWikiIds": [], "relatedEntities": [], "showOnClick": [], "context": "in the commission of a crime. That\u0027s not to denegrate police officers. It\u0027s only to make the point that just because you", "metaData": { "visible": "false" } }, "lw_1233453846_1": { "text": "md_werner@yahoo.com", "extended": 0, "startchar": 1024, "endchar": 1042, "start": 1024, "end": 1042, "extendedFrom": "", "predictedCategory": "", "predictionProbability": "0", "weight": 1, "relScore": 0, "type": ["shortcuts:/us/instance/identifier/hyperlink/mailto"], "category": ["IDENTIFIER"], "wikiId": "", "relatedWikiIds": [], "relatedEntities": [], "showOnClick": [], "context": "that prove our point. Phil ---------- Original Message ---------------------------------- From: MD Werner \u003cmd_werner@yahoo.com\u003e Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2009 18:36:48 -0800 (PST) \u003eHi Guys", "metaData": { "linkHref": "mailto:md_werner@yahoo.com", "linkProtocol": "mailto", "linkYmailto": "mailto:md_werner@yahoo.com", "visible": "true" } }, "lw_1233453846_2": { "text": "Tennessee", "extended": 0, "startchar": 1155, "endchar": 1163, "start": 1155, "end": 1163, "extendedFrom": "", "predictedCategory": "PLACE", "predictionProbability": "0.584836", "weight": 0.219373, "relScore": 2.63588, "type": ["shortcuts:/us/instance/place/destination", "shortcuts:/us/instance/place/us/state"], "category": ["PLACE"], "wikiId": "Tennessee", "relatedWikiIds": ["Alabama", "Arkansas", "Florida", "Illinois", "Kentucky", "Michigan", "Missouri", "North_Carolina", "Oklahoma", "South_Carolina"], "relatedEntities": ["alabama", "arizona", "arkansas", "california", "illinois", "iowa", "missouri", "new hampshire", "oklahoma", "south carolina", ], "showOnClick": [], "context": "18:36:48 -0800 (PST) \u003eHi Guys! \u003eI seen this thread on Tennessee Gun Owners \u003ehttp://www.tngunowners.com/forums/showthread.php?p=213089#post213089 \u003e \u003eI remember hearing it too but couldn\u0027t", "metaData": { "geoArea": "109201", "geoCountry": "United States", "geoIsoCountryCode": "US", "geoLocation": "(-85.978554, 35.83062)", "geoName": "Tennessee", "geoPlaceType": "State", "geoState": "Tennessee", "geoStateCode": "TN", "type": "shortcuts:/us/instance/place/us/state", "visible": "false" } }, "lw_1233453846_3": { "text": "http://www.tngunowners.com/forums/showthread.php?p=213089#post213089", "extended": 0, "startchar": 1277, "endchar": 1344, "start": 1277, "end": 1344, "extendedFrom": "", "predictedCategory": "", "predictionProbability": "0", "weight": 1, "relScore": 0, "type": ["shortcuts:/us/instance/identifier/hyperlink/http"], "category": ["IDENTIFIER"], "wikiId": "", "relatedWikiIds": [], "relatedEntities": [], "showOnClick": [], "context": "Hi Guys! \u003eI seen this thread on Tennessee Gun Owners \u003ehttp://www.tngunowners.com/forums/showthread.php?p=213089#post213089 \u003e \u003eI remember hearing it too but couldn\u0027t translate it verbatim", "metaData": { "linkHref": "http://www.tngunowners.com/forums/showthread.php?p=213089#post213089", "linkProtocol": "http", "linkTarget": "_blank", "visible": "true" } }, "lw_1233453846_4": { "text": "philvalentine.com", "extended": 0, "startchar": 1463, "endchar": 1479, "start": 1463, "end": 1479, "extendedFrom": "", "predictedCategory": "", "predictionProbability": "0", "weight": 1, "relScore": 0, "type": ["shortcuts:/us/place/virtual/web_site"], "category": ["IDENTIFIER"], "wikiId": "", "relatedWikiIds": [], "relatedEntities": [], "showOnClick": [], "context": "it verbatim either. Do you have mention of it on philvalentine.com ? \u003e \u003e \u003e-------------------------------- \u003ePhil Valentine debate on gun ownership? \u003e \u003eDoes anyone listen to", "metaData": { "visible": "true" } }, "lw_1233453846_5": { "text": "Phil Valentine", "extended": 0, "startchar": 1705, "endchar": 1718, "start": 1705, "end": 1718, "extendedFrom": "", "predictedCategory": "", "predictionProbability": "0", "weight": 0.53554, "relScore": 5.88681, "type": ["shortcuts:/us/tag/other/wiki"], "category": ["WIKI"], "wikiId": "Phil_Valentine", "relatedWikiIds": [], "relatedEntities": [], "showOnClick": [], "context": "verbatim either. Do you have mention of it on philvalentine.com ? \u003e \u003e \u003e-------------------------------- \u003ePhil Valentine debate on gun ownership? \u003e \u003eDoes anyone listen to Phil Valentine", "metaData": { "visible": "true" } } }; YAHOO.Shortcuts.headerID = "6645d4158ebe4745b40eaf0bfe148d93"; </script> I don't remember the particular discussion but these anti-gun folks are very easy to debate. First, I catch them saying that only cops should have guns. Then I spring this little stat on them: Those with carry permits have a much better safety record than do cops. In fact, I could find only one instance of someone with a carry permit in Tennessee using their gun in the commission of a crime. There are plenty of stories of cops using their weapons in the commission of a crime. That's not to denegrate police officers. It's only to make the point that just because you have a badge you're not a good person and just because you don't doesn't mean you aren't. Guns are good, as I write in Chapter 'G' of The Conservative's Handbook. That chapter is full of great stats that prove our point.

Phil