David Spade buys guns for Cops

DaveTN

Not all actors are gun haters...or cop haters.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,471244,00.html

David Spade Buys High-Powered Rifles for Local Police Department

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

By Adam Housley

David Spade made a $100,000 gift to the Phoenix, Arizona police department.

LOS ANGELES — Actor and one-time Phoenix resident David Spade has donated $100,000 to the Phoenix Police Department. The department will use the much needed funds to buy high-powered rifles to defend the city from the growing influence of Mexican drug cartels.

Through his publicist, Spade explained that "these guys need to be able to do their jobs, and I am just happy I could help."

Spade says he got the idea for the donation after seeing a story on FOX News. Phoenix police say Spade called asking to donate to their rifle program after he saw that officers, outgunned and desperate for more firepower, wanted to buy their own semi-automatic rifles.

“Mr. Spade has stepped forward and has given a gift to our officers of increased safety," said Police Chief Jack Harris. "I am thrilled that we were able to accept that money that will hopefully bring us to 300 rifles on the street.â€

Phoenix Police Sgt. Alan Hill says 50 AR-15 rifles to be purchased with the

donation will be given to patrol officers.

Spade, 44, grew up in the Phoenix area and graduated from Arizona State University. The "Rules of Engagement" star has helped out cops before, donating $25,000 to the family of a fallen Phoenix police officer last year.

However… if they are buying AR’s 50 at a time and they are paying $2K each; they are getting hosed and need a new purchasing agent. :lol:

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

However… if they are buying AR’s 50 at a time and they are paying $2K each; they are getting hosed and need a new purchasing agent. :lol:

SHHHHH. It's a government contract. Plus you know they're gonna try to bolt everthing imaginable to the things, when all you need are bullets!

Guest EasilyObsessed
Not all actors are gun haters...or cop haters.

However… if they are buying AR’s 50 at a time and they are paying $2K each; they are getting hosed and need a new purchasing agent. :eek:

2k sounds about right for an AR with accessories and optics.

I liked him already when I found out that his daily driver is a 1987 Buick GN. This just reinforces that he's a cool guy.

One of the few cool things that came out of the 80's and Buick!!!

Guest EasilyObsessed
Wait, yer not that dude that still has his collars up on his shirts are you. That was uber cool back in the day. And rolled jeans...wait, I have seen you.

Not cool dude!!

Woah woah woah...back up. Are you trying to tell me that those arent in style anymore???!?!

I knew there was a reason I couldnt pick up the ladies as easily anymore...