x39 30 round ar mags, cproducts

Guest Mugster

Guest Mugster

I got a few of them in after being backordered since june. I guess i'll have to take back my earlier vaporware comments. They look good. They have a good finish, very banana that looks goofy. Does kinda grow on you. As long as they work, I'll take em with a mickey mouse logo on them. Couple pics:

In rifle:

http://s704.photobucket.com/albums/ww44/Mugster_bucket/?action=view&current=img_1778.jpg

Compared to a normal 5.56 30:

http://s704.photobucket.com/albums/ww44/Mugster_bucket/?action=view&current=img_1779.jpg

I'll shoot them as soon as I can, might be a few weeks though.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Mugster

According to some, because of the taper of the x39 round, you have to have that amount of cowbell in the mag. And thats, why, also according to some, that all current mags to date never worked. The theory seems sound. I'll say that much. I'll remain a bit skeptical until i run a few hundred through one and see what happens.

Guest Astra900

STUPID! I just realized this was for 7.62x39. :rock: 'scuse me whilst I find a blunt object to hit meself with.

....amount of cowbell in the mag. .

more_cowbell.jpg

Edited by Astra900

The curve is necessary to feed properly, just look at the AK mags. There is a reason behind the Russian madness! I never understood an x39 AR, but I'm glad you like it. I personally really like the round myself, just in the AK platform.

Guest Mugster
The curve is necessary to feed properly, just look at the AK mags. There is a reason behind the Russian madness! I never understood an x39 AR, but I'm glad you like it. I personally really like the round myself, just in the AK platform.

The x39 has alot of potential for me I think. I like the fact that I can bump the bullet size up to 150-180gr...makes it a good short range brush gun.

I'm not against ak clones. I looked a little at saiga's in .308 and x39. For a range only iron sight plinker or just self defense, be hard to beat. I like to shoot small groups and hunt with my rifles, so I thought the ar was the best platform for me, considering accuracy and the ability to switch optics around.

I didn't really consider magazine capacity when i bought it. 2 or 3 quick shots is plenty for me. It would be nice to have the option for 30 shots though.

If you load your own bullets you may get the ideal mix of AR/AK. The accuracy issues (which aren't that big of a deal BTW) with the x39 is mostly due to bullet design. There just aren't a lot of match x39 bullets out there. It is certainly a capable concept, but I would just prefer going with the 6.8 in an AR and x39 with an AK. I think it has more upside. Either way you got a great setup and a weapon that will do what you want. enjoy.:doh: