Trooper saved by armed citizen

phiferran

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

A little more information about the Good Samaritan. He is a ex-con who had his rights restored. 

https://bearingarms.com/bob-o/2017/01/25/hero-saved-arizona-trooper-felon-restored-gun-rights/

I am a firm believer that once someone pays their debt and completes their sentence, they should have their full rights restored. How can you expect someone to be a productive member of society when they can't be a full member of society? There are much more than gun rights involved in that equation. 

• Like 1
On 1/12/2017 at 9:08 PM, phiferran said:

I'm surprised--just saw the story on CNN as well.

I was doubly surprised when not only did the story get pretty full coverage on one of the regular, broadcast nightly news programs but that they also presented the story in such a was as to not diminish or question the heroic actions of the private citizen.  I thought, "What?  An example of a private citizen using a firearm to save a life not only made it to the national news but even seems to be getting a positive spin?"

I think I can say chalk up another one up for the good guys and I do agree with Chuck on the issue of giving a person a second chance as long as they don't have a wrap sheet that reads like the classifieds in a news paper. Evidently this man made 1 mistake so yea. He deserved a second chance to be a fully productive person in society.............jmho

3 hours ago, Chucktshoes said:

A little more information about the Good Samaritan. He is a ex-con who had his rights restored. 

https://bearingarms.com/bob-o/2017/01/25/hero-saved-arizona-trooper-felon-restored-gun-rights/

I am a firm believer that once someone pays their debt and completes their sentence, they should have their full rights restored. How can you expect someone to be a productive member of society when they can't be a full member of society? There are much more than gun rights involved in that equation. 

Good story and well done. I'm all for certain non violent felony felon's having their firearms rights restored after their full sentence to include probation has been served without incident. It comes down to a case by case bases.