Memphis - Tactical Supply

Guest someguy12341

Guest someguy12341

I'm hoping this is the best place to post this...

Ok, I'm wondering where in Memphis one might find a reasonable selection of 'tactical' (for lack of a better term) clothing, boots, etc. I'm in need of a new pair of boots, and I've looked at Blackhawk, 5.11 and others online, but I'd really like to be able to try them on somewhere. Same for the 5.11 cargo pants, etc.... It would be nice to find a local source.

Any ideas/suggestions?

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sending back some boots to US Cav- it is easy- I pay to send them back, they credit my account, no big deal. I ordered the right size and they are here already. Great Boots so far. But, I have a very average normal foot, which makes mail order easy for me.

If I find any Memphis stores, I'll post it. All I have seen are shoot-me-first vests and holsters and stuff, no boots or pants, etc.

Guest Revelator

There's a place down the street from Guns & Ammo on Summer Ave. I cannot remember the name of it, but it is east of G&A about a half-mile down the road. Same side of the street. They sell that kind of stuff, I think. I was in there once and got a shell holder for the 12 gauge.

There's a place down the street from Guns & Ammo on Summer Ave. I cannot remember the name of it, but it is east of G&A about a half-mile down the road. Same side of the street. They sell that kind of stuff, I think. I was in there once and got a shell holder for the 12 gauge.

Down the street which way? Towards Highland or back towards Graham? I don't know what you're referring to right off hand, but it's very close to my house. If you tell me where it is, I'll get the name of it.

ETA: Sorry, never mind. I just re-read your post and realized you said east. I'll try to find it.

ETA again: Duh, it just came to me. You must be talking about Shapiro Uniforms. It's on Summer Avenue just a little west of Graham across from Grahamwood Elementary.

Edited by robbiev
Guest truthsayer

Sounds more like Dach Imports than Shapiro. Phil's Gun Shop used to be open on down around Summer and Mendenhall. I wonder if he's still around.

Guest db99wj
Down the street which way? Towards Highland or back towards Graham? I don't know what you're referring to right off hand, but it's very close to my house. If you tell me where it is, I'll get the name of it.

ETA: Sorry, never mind. I just re-read your post and realized you said east. I'll try to find it.

ETA again: Duh, it just came to me. You must be talking about Shapiro Uniforms. It's on Summer Avenue just a little west of Graham across from Grahamwood Elementary.

I was thinking Shapiro as well.

Sounds more like Dach Imports than Shapiro. Phil's Gun Shop used to be open on down around Summer and Mendenhall. I wonder if he's still around.

I have not been in Phil's Gun Shop but I saw the sign last week. Beside Charlie's Meat Market, behind Dyers or what was Dyers..

Guest truthsayer
I have not been in Phil's Gun Shop but I saw the sign last week. Beside Charlie's Meat Market, behind Dyers or what was Dyers..

[hijack] Charlie is one of the best people AND butchers that I have ever met.[/hijack]

Guest db99wj
[hijack] Charlie is one of the best people AND butchers that I have ever met.[/hijack]

[continuehijack] His steaks are great, they are priced better than anyone and the quality blows the rest away. [endcontinuedhijack]

:up:

Guest Wilson1

Yep, and Chuck his son is too! Several years ago I regularly serviced the refrigeration equipment for them, performed preventative maintenance on their A/C, coolers, freezers, etc.:P

I have not been by Phil's Gun Shop in a couple of years, but I NEVER saw that place open, always closed. Different days, different times, NEVER found anyone there.

Mike

Phil is still around and quite a character

SHAPIRO'S has a lot of nice stuff if you can stand the prices & the so-so cust service. They make their money off of public service uniform contracts - you have to go there to get your stuff & their $$$ & service reflect that attitude.