• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes the elastic one sorry for not being clear. I have a smart carry that I use on the bike, but want a belly band to be able to carry my pistol at 4:00 position. I am a size 36 waist and if it was the right size, I would gladly pay you for it.

I had about given up. Pm me your address and it's yours. Free of charge. Call it a pay it forward.:blush:

Guest Merlin1

Never could understand Smartcarry. I can just imagine needing it and the BG sees me reaching for my privates. Somehow that just seems wrong to me. Just my opinion and hope you all see the humor.

Go to eBay and search "belly band." DeSantis, Galco, and Pro-Tech Outdoors makes them, among others, and you can usually find all three of those kinds on eBay for a good price. They range in styles and widths....you can get 4", 5", or 6"......if your gun isn't too heavy, the 4" is more comfortable than the wider ones.....but if you have a fairly heavy gun, the wider ones help distribute the weight better and prevent sagging. I personally like the ones that have a velcro strap that goes over the gun to secure it even better. The only bad thing about them is that they tend to get hot when the weather gets warm.....then they absorb your perspiration which soaks through to your gun...so be careful.

Guest Bronker
Never could understand Smartcarry. I can just imagine needing it and the BG sees me reaching for my privates. Somehow that just seems wrong to me. Just my opinion and hope you all see the humor.

Sometimes it's the BEST, and sometimes it's the ONLY way to carry feasibly in some circumstances. Often I wear hospital scrubs, and it's impossible to get the drawstring tight enough to even hold the weight of a pocket gun. In that case, the smartcarry allows me to carry any size gun I wish.

Even if I'm wearing my EDC, the XD40sc IWB, I can wear my snubbie in the smartcarry as a BUG.

The same smartcarry totes my XDsc and a spare mag, or my j-frame snubbie in ultra-deep concealment.

So, it definitely has it's place in a carry-plan. I love mine.