AK-47 922r Compliance question....

Guest 70below

Guest 70below

Ok.....can someone verify what I'm thinking here.... My MAK90 has been made fully 922r compliant with an Ironwood Designs wood stock set and tapco double hook trigger set, both made right here in the good ol' US of A, six parts US parts total (3 in the buttstock, pistol grip, and handguards, and 3 in the trigger group). 6 parts are required for compliance.....however, I opted not to install a muzzle device which in every 922r list I've seen is one of the components of an AK47, but my AK was not originally threaded for one. Does that mean that I actually only need 5 compliance parts to be legal under 922r? If so....I'm going to install my folding stock and eliminate the US buttstock. Thanks in advance!

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest bkelm18

The goal of 922r is to have 10 or fewer foreign parts on the firearm. If you count up your foreign parts as they are listed on the official parts list and you have 10 or less, then you are good to go.

I've been reading up on this and it doesn't matter how many us parts you have what matters is how many foreign parts you have. You can have no more than 10 foreign parts. On some guns that means 5 US made parts, on others 4 US made parts, etc

Guest 70below

Yeah, I know I have to have ten or fewer......thats why I put six US parts in my AK because most AK's have 16 parts as relate to 922r. But when I did that I think my intention was to have the barrel threaded for a muzzle attachment. So, because no muzzle attachement is/was present, I just wanted to verify that my thinking was correct and I wasn't forgetting about anything. My AK would have had 15 foreign parts because no muzzle attachment, therefor I only need 5 US made parts correct.

By the way WWMike.....thanks for that link, I used to have that bookmarked and had lost it!

Your good, but seriously until someone is prosecuted for 922r I would put whatever you want on it and enjoy. The BATF has even admitted there's no way they can verify origin of parts.

Which is one more reason to do away with useless legislation. It does nothing but complicate things for both the owner trying to follow the law, and any agency trying to enforce the law. Not to mention that the fact it has no useful purpose other than making "anti's" feel needed and warm inside.

They already have the Oxygen channel and raw cookie dough... so IMHO they need to just all curl up on the couch and quit complicating things for everyone else. :up:

Sorry... ranting has ended now.

Your good, but seriously until someone is prosecuted for 922r I would put whatever you want on it and enjoy. The BATF has even admitted there's no way they can verify origin of parts.

You volunteering to be the first? If not - that's a pretty easy thing to suggest someone *else* to do.