When the poo flies question.

Guest m&pc9

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Phantom6

Originally Posted by Punisher84 viewpost.gif

The civil suit part would not be an issue unless you hit an innocent bystander. The new laws give you protection against a civil suit if the shooting is justified. Basically if you aren't criminally liable, you aren't liable in a civil suit.

:devil:

Unless things have changed VERY recently, I'm pretty sure that is not factual information. In a perfect world this would certainly be true. Unfortunately however, we do not live in a perfect world.

Guest Phantom6
What if the BG decides to turn the robbery into a gunfight?

Shoot him into the dirt!

Thats why when you pull your gun, you perform a tactical crouch thereby causing BG #2 to shoot BG #1 in the back of the head. Then you perform a tactical turn-around and shoot BG #2 in the face while he stands there stunned that he just capped his buddy in the back of the head. Bang. Done. Next question. :devil:

Them's some purty tacticool moves there pardner.

Edited by Phantom6
Guest GUTTERbOY
:devil:

Unless things have changed VERY recently, I'm pretty sure that is not factual information. In a perfect world this would certainly be true. Unfortunately however, we do not live in a perfect world.

39-11-622 Justification for use of force — Exceptions — Immunity from civil liability.

(a) (1) A person who uses force as permitted in §§ 39-11-611 — 39-11-614 or § 29-34-201, is justified in using such force and is immune from civil liability for the use of such force, unless:

(A) The person against whom force was used is a law enforcement officer, as defined in § 39-11-106 who:

(i) Was acting in the performance of the officer's official duties; and

(ii) Identified the officer in accordance with any applicable law; or

(iii) The person using force knew or reasonably should have known that the person was a law enforcement officer; or

(;) The force used by the person resulted in property damage to or the death or injury of an innocent bystander or other person against whom the force used was not justified.

(B) The court shall award reasonable attorney's fees, court costs, compensation for loss of income, and all expenses incurred by a person in defense of any civil action brought against the person based upon the person's use of force, if the court finds that the defendant was justified in using such force pursuant to §§ 39-11-611 — 39-11-614 or § 29-34-201.

;).

Edited by GUTTERbOY
Guest canynracer
Thats why when you pull your gun, you perform a tactical crouch thereby causing BG #2 to shoot BG #1 in the back of the head. Then you perform a tactical turn-around and shoot BG #2 in the face while he stands there stunned that he just capped his buddy in the back of the head. Bang. Done. Next question. :rolleyes:

OMG I peed a little...LMFAO!!!!

:D

:bs:

39-11-622 Justification for use of force — Exceptions — Immunity from civil liability.

(a) (1) A person who uses force as permitted in §§ 39-11-611 — 39-11-614 or § 29-34-201, is justified in using such force and is immune from civil liability for the use of such force, unless:

(A) The person against whom force was used is a law enforcement officer, as defined in § 39-11-106 who:

(i) Was acting in the performance of the officer's official duties; and

(ii) Identified the officer in accordance with any applicable law; or

(iii) The person using force knew or reasonably should have known that the person was a law enforcement officer; or

(B) The force used by the person resulted in property damage to or the death or injury of an innocent bystander or other person against whom the force used was not justified.

(B) The court shall award reasonable attorney's fees, court costs, compensation for loss of income, and all expenses incurred by a person in defense of any civil action brought against the person based upon the person's use of force, if the court finds that the defendant was justified in using such force pursuant to §§ 39-11-611 — 39-11-614 or § 29-34-201.

:).

Thank you Gutterboy. I like that I get to say I was right with backup for once in these past few days...I believe an...:rolleyes: is in order here.

What happens if u cap the BG pointing the gun at the clerk and his muscles tense up when the bullet hits him and he shoots and kills the clerk? You are up sh%t creek then. i think that i would un-holster my gun then try to back up and be a good witness, if he came toward me or pointed the gun at me then i would have to shoot. But i dont know for sure what i would do until i was actually in that situation.

-Jason G

Guest GUTTERbOY

For that matter, what happens if flying monkeys enter the store through the ventilation system, disarm you in mid-draw, and then proceed to murder you with your own gun?

OK, I know that that scenario is in no way comparable to Jasongar's,but I just can't resist a good opportunity to invoke flying monkeys.

:rolleyes:

Guest db99wj
For that matter, what happens if flying monkeys enter the store through the ventilation system, disarm you in mid-draw, and then proceed to murder you with your own gun?

OK, I know that that scenario is in no way comparable to Jasongar's,but I just can't resist a good opportunity to invoke flying monkeys.

How about poo flinging monkeys.....ahhhh, back to the originial question of "When the poo flies??????

I believe I would, pull my weapon and knock the crap out of the guy and then shoot him if he got up! No blood no foul!

Stupid move if he's armed, imo. What happens if he feigns being knocked out or you only piss him off?

This isn't the movies we're discussing...

What happens if u cap the BG pointing the gun at the clerk and his muscles tense up when the bullet hits him and he shoots and kills the clerk? You are up sh%t creek then. i think that i would un-holster my gun then try to back up and be a good witness, if he came toward me or pointed the gun at me then i would have to shoot. But i dont know for sure what i would do until i was actually in that situation.

-Jason G

I'm fairly sure that since the the suspect was in the process of committing a felony with a firearm any and all deaths will be attributed to him.

Not saying you'd be saved from a civil suit in that case but my limited understanding of the law is that you would not be charged criminally.

Guest bkelm18
Them's some purty tacticool moves there pardner.

I can teach a class on tactical crouch-spins at your school if you'd like. For a nominal fee of course..... :rolleyes:

Guest nraforlife

1) DO NOT become a HERO. He Expired Rescuing Others.

2) IF you can safely get out DO SO and procede to step 4 IF NOT TRY to get into a tactical cover position - NOT behind the 32oz Coke bottles and WATCH your back!!!

3) Draw piece for defensive use - ie. BG turns toward you or starts shooting up the place

4) Call Police from CEL phone. CEL phone, AMEX and pistol - NEVER leave home without them.

Oh yeah, watch out for the flying monkeys!!

Edited by nraforlife

Someone said this was on tv,I just watched that on Personal Defense TV a few minutes ago.

They ran through the scenario three times,twice the gg was shot,and one he wasn't.

First time gg was shot,it was while drawing,you cant out draw an drawn gun.

Second time,he was shot in the back by a second unknown bg that was acting as the lookout.

The time he wasn't,is when he ran away.

I can teach a class on tactical crouch-spins

Would that be preformed in the tactical poop position?

Edited by strickj
snip

What would I do. I don't know. For one I do everything I can not to go into C-stores. I pay at the pump, and I don't need a drink or something to eat during those times. Only time I really go in is if we are on a road trip.

I hear grocery stores are getting that bad, as well.

Guest Hyaloid
1) DO NOT become a HERO. He Expired Rescuing Others.

2) IF you can safely get out DO SO and procede to step 4 IF NOT TRY to get into a tactical cover position - NOT behind the 32oz Coke bottles and WATCH your back!!!

3) Draw piece for defensive use - ie. BG turns toward you or starts shooting up the place

4) Call Police from CEL phone. CEL phone, AMEX and pistol - NEVER leave home without them.

Oh yeah, watch out for the flying monkeys!!

Agreed.

My obligation is to go home and be a husband and a father. I'm backing away, heading for exit/cover ASAP. If I can draw my weapon, then I do, but retreat is my first option. I am not a hero, a gunfighter, or a cowboy. I'm a citizen who is armed. Call me a coward if you want... I'm comfortable in my skin.

Now, if the bad guy knows I'm there, and is between me and the exit. I comply with the BG's orders and play sheep until an opportunity presents itself (and hopefully it does). I know my limitations (and they are many :) ). The odds of me drawing my weapon and firing accurately before I get myself or someone else shot are slim to none.

As far as hitting the dude and trying to apprehend him, I have to say that has got to be the worst possible choice in this situation. If you feel the need to engage the BG, do so with all the force you have. If you feel the BG is a threat to your life, don't act to preserve theirs.

Guest Bronker
Agreed.

My obligation is to go home and be a husband and a father. I'm backing away, heading for exit/cover ASAP. If I can draw my weapon, then I do, but retreat is my first option. I am not a hero, a gunfighter, or a cowboy. I'm a citizen who is armed. Call me a coward if you want... I'm comfortable in my skin.

Now, if the bad guy knows I'm there, and is between me and the exit. I comply with the BG's orders and play sheep until an opportunity presents itself (and hopefully it does). I know my limitations (and they are many ;) ). The odds of me drawing my weapon and firing accurately before I get myself or someone else shot are slim to none.

As far as hitting the dude and trying to apprehend him, I have to say that has got to be the worst possible choice in this situation. If you feel the need to engage the BG, do so with all the force you have. If you feel the BG is a threat to your life, don't act to preserve theirs.

Out of everything I've read, this description most closely fits what I think I would instinctively do.

Let's all pray earnestly that in our lifetimes, none of us will ever come to the full realization of what we would actually do.

Guest db99wj
Out of everything I've read, this description most closely fits what I think I would instinctively do.

Let's all pray earnestly that in our lifetimes, none of us will ever come to the full realization of what we would actually do.

I agree with that too, as I mentioned, I will be behind the twinkies, come on over and we will cover each other.;)

Guest Bronker
I agree with that too, as I mentioned, I will be behind the twinkies, come on over and we will cover each other.;)

Gladly cover your back, brother. But hit the Heath bar isle. I don't like twinkies...

:-)

Guest db99wj
Gladly cover your back, brother. But hit the Heath bar isle. I don't like twinkies...

:-)

All within arms reach!!! Besides, the twinkies might work like kevlar and absorb a stray round!

Ballistic Twinkies!

Edited by db99wj