AR 15 safety issue

I have built quite a few ar 15's so far, and this the the first that is malfunctioning on me. The ar will fire, but I have to cycle the safety every time to do it. The detend and spring is fine, I went ahead and replaced them along with a new safety. Now it will fire one, two or possably three times and then it hangs and I have to flip the safety again. Could this be a trigger group issue? If so, this will be the first bad trigger group I have ever got from PSA. 

24 minutes ago, RC3 said:

I have built quite a few ar 15's so far, and this the the first that is malfunctioning on me. The ar will fire, but I have to cycle the safety every time to do it. The detend and spring is fine, I went ahead and replaced them along with a new safety. Now it will fire one, two or possably three times and then it hangs and I have to flip the safety again. Could this be a trigger group issue? If so, this will be the first bad trigger group I have ever got from PSA. 

Post a pic of your trigger group, sounds like maybe a spring or pin may be amiss.

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, Omega said:

Post a pic of your trigger group, sounds like maybe a spring or pin may be amiss.

Ill take one tomorrow. I took the grouping apart and everything was where it is supposed to go. I did go back and make sure the safety detent wasnt upside down. One thing that bugged me is the holding pin would not fit thru disconnector and i had to widen it out a little bit. Now that I think about it, it is either the disconnector or the disconnector spring that seem to be the culprits.

• Like 1

Is the trigger not resetting? I have had this issue turned out I had the hammer or trigger spring on backwards. If you fire then can push the trigger forward to reset one of the springs is on backwards.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

• Like 1
16 hours ago, ballz71 said:

Is the trigger not resetting? I have had this issue turned out I had the hammer or trigger spring on backwards. If you fire then can push the trigger forward to reset one of the springs is on backwards.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

The trigger still resets. The springs are right. I went head and ordered a few extra triggers, springs, disconnectors, and a bunch of other parts just to keep on hand. This should cover the repairs. And I also contacted psa about the defect. 

On a side note, anyone seen the magpul UBR gen 2 stock? I need one. The acl-s is pretty good, but that UBR, damn. 

Screenshot_2016-12-19-01-06-07.png

Edited by RC3
Added more info
5 hours ago, RC3 said:

And I also contacted psa about the defect. 

That will probably fix the problem; they will probably send you a new LPK. Sounds like an issue with the hammer, disconnector and disconnector spring.

Do you see any burrs or anything unusual where the hammer engages the disconnector? Is the disconnector spring the proper one, and seated?

14 hours ago, DaveTN said:

That will probably fix the problem; they will probably send you a new LPK. Sounds like an issue with the hammer, disconnector and disconnector spring.

Do you see any burrs or anything unusual where the hammer engages the disconnector? Is the disconnector spring the proper one, and seated?

Thats whats was driving me mad, it all looks perfect.

11 hours ago, Dolomite_supafly said:

Also, when you have the gun in hand give me a call so we can figure this out. The PSA FCG can be made to work but it requires some work.

Are you sure the trigger return spring is on the trigger? It sounds like it is not applying the right pressure to reset if you can flip the safety to get it to reset.

Thats the odd part. Before it was after every single shot without a fail.  Flipped the spring and put in a new safety and then it started to fire one, two, or three rounds and then the safety hangs again. I was hoping for a simple fix, but I'll just replaced the whole trigger assembly. Oh well.