There is a fine line

Yup, I did a self analysis and wandered back to this side of the line.  I seen where the temp was going to be at 20deg overnight and thought I'd be stupid to get out in that...so I packed up and left.

But the battery in the travel trailer was fully charged, propane bottles nearly full and at least two full bottles for the buddy heater so figured this would be a good field test.  Turned up the thermostat before I  left the house to warm up the TT , when I got here it looked level enough so just dropped the stabilizers, which go down fast with the drill attachment.  Woke to a balmy 20deg outside but a cozy 74deg inside, a quick cup of joe and out to the stand I go.  

Well, with no heat the stand was 20deg inside but soon, bout 10 minutes,  rose to 30 and now just over an hour later it sits at 40, and that's about where the bottle I left in the buddy heater started to flutter.  I can still see my breath but relatively speaking it feels comfortable. 

Oh yea, so now to the deer.  I have a personal belief that if I see deer on my way in I may be SOL, which I did, but I jumped a couple somethings getting to my stand and my solunar page on the Huntstand app says there's a decent chance of deer movement so I'm not counting myself out yet.

• Like 2

I still always laugh thinking about the days I spend sitting on the cold ground waiting for a deer to happen by. Nothing to do but try to stay still but warm and scan around for movement and sound. Now we can sit and play on our smartphones while we kill that same time using everything but live satellite to improve our chances.

Hope you get a big one today that is just short of moose size.