Climate change you can believe

Just read an online article, they're now trying to blame the last ice age on 'greenhouse gasses'.

Does anyone other than simpletons and politicians actually credit this nonsense?

At what point do we beat them with the clue stick - or even better, the clue shotgun?

Global warming computer models can't predict the last 10 years, much less the next 50.

Meanwhile, the correlation between sunspots and global temps shows a 92 to 98% match - the more sunspots, the warmer it is.

Astronomy used to be a hobby of mine, I still keep tabs of some things. 2008 had an abnormally low number of sunspots. I figured last summer it'd be a chilly winter and I stupidly figured that would shut the global warming idiots up. Foolish me.

Anyone interested in looking into sunspots vs weather should google the maunder minimum, and solar weather. Gonna be a long, cold winter.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We are actually coming out of a mini "ice age". The agrarian boom of Europe that led to the rise of the great civilizations were destroyed by this cooling. The period of the Dark Ages with their plagues and famine were a result. What is ironic is that warming is always better for humanity than cooling, yet the alarmist say warming will be the end of us.:rofl: The great population growths and civilizations appeared in times of global warming.

Don't forget these same scientist were wanting to put ash on the poles to melt them in the 70's because it was too cold!

I heard of a report a while back where global warming was causing some glacier to melt at an allarmingly high rate. Some scientists went to investigate, and found all kinds of artifacts from a civilization that lived there hundreds of years ago.

Under the ice.

Before carbon emmissions.

I guess it was warm enough way back then for these people to live there. So that means that the current condition of being iced over is "abnormal".

Guest wheelgunner100

Does anybody remember the great "Hole" in the ozone layer that was supposed to give us all skin cancer? Global warming = same thing

Guest tnjimbob

About the polar ice caps melting, let me ask you this - If you have a drink in a glass with ice cubes in it, as the ice melts, does the drink level rise?

Apparently common sense does not apply to "climate change" scientists.

Al bore & his nit-wittery need to get a real job & return his unearned Nobel Prize & Oscar. The media has bastardized those formerly prestigious awards, same as espn & sports writers have cheapened the Heisman Trophy.

About the polar ice caps melting, let me ask you this - If you have a drink in a glass with ice cubes in it, as the ice melts, does the drink level rise?...

To be fair, that is a valid viewpoint for any ice (composed of fresh or salt water) that is already a floating mass.

However, much of the heretofore frozen water in the Arctic and Antarctica is land based. Think land based glaciers and ice sheets.

Indeed, the frozen Antarctica ice sheet holds 70% of the world's fresh water, and at least half of this is on a land mass, not already "floating". So your drink is getting extra liquid not already existing within it.

- OS

Just heard on the news that Sea Ice is at levels we had 29 years ago, and the earth this year has experienced the fastest growth of sea ice ever on record.

OMG! We must have overcompensated for global warming and now we have started some sort of cooling death spiral. We're doomed!

Guest jackdog

Another crisis that government will use to add more taxes to us all. They are seriously talking about a cow tax. yup they want to tax cows because the defecate. This is just stupid and another reason to get rid of large stupid over bearing government.

You know..the guys that are telling us that there's "global warming" can't even tell us with any reliability what the weather will be like next week with any sort of regularity.

when someone starts preaching that stuff to me I usually either tune them out *being polite..or if they're wing nuts that get all loud, I laugh at them then start making forrest gump quotes.

they really hate that.

Another crisis that government will use to add more taxes to us all. They are seriously talking about a cow tax. yup they want to tax cows because the defecate. This is just stupid and another reason to get rid of large stupid over bearing government.

Well then, they'll have to pony up the lions share of the tax themselves then, because most of the BS in this country comes from Washington! :)

move to new zealand and you will get that skin cancer. the hole is there.

http://www.niwa.cri.nz/edu/students/uv-ozone

The severe ozone depletion occurring over the Antarctic continent during the spring of each year, the ‘ozone hole’, is confined to the Antarctic and never extends over New Zealand.

Figure 3 shows the southern hemisphere total column ozone distribution on 6 October 2001 which was a typical day during the 2001 Antarctic ozone hole period. The blue colours show low ozone values less than 200 DU (pre-1980 values of ozone over the Antarctic were always greater than 220DU). Note that New Zealand is far from the Antarctic ozone hole and during October finds itself under a ridge of high ozone. In fact, New Zealand experiences its highest ozone levels during October, the time of the Antarctic ozone hole.

Higher cases of skin cancer in recent years are as likely to be a factor of lifestyle changes over the past 50 years than from increases in UV as a result of ozone depletion.

Higher cases of skin cancer in recent years are as likely to be a factor of lifestyle changes over the past 50 years than from increases in UV as a result of ozone depletion.

Who knows, 'nother possible reason, Maori down to 14% of population, more whites and mixed. Less pigment in more folks=whiter skin=more skin cancer.

- OS

Guest voigts

Its funny how you won't hear the story about the polar ice amount going back to what it was in 1979 on any of the biggest news outlets. The media is so completely biased it isn't even funny. We've been recording weather and temps for 100 years but are going to make some big crisis declarations about Global Warming. Yeah, right.

http://www.niwa.cri.nz/edu/students/uv-ozone

The severe ozone depletion occurring over the Antarctic continent during the spring of each year, the ‘ozone hole’, is confined to the Antarctic and never extends over New Zealand.

Figure 3 shows the southern hemisphere total column ozone distribution on 6 October 2001 which was a typical day during the 2001 Antarctic ozone hole period. The blue colours show low ozone values less than 200 DU (pre-1980 values of ozone over the Antarctic were always greater than 220DU). Note that New Zealand is far from the Antarctic ozone hole and during October finds itself under a ridge of high ozone. In fact, New Zealand experiences its highest ozone levels during October, the time of the Antarctic ozone hole.

word. I based my post/info off a friend that lives there.