Obama - Natural born or not?

Guest nraforlife

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest nraforlife
I can't believe we're still talking about this crap. :-\

Question is still out there and apparently not answered to the satisfaction of what looks like a growing segment of the population. It seems like it would/could be easily resolved by the O would it not? I find the possibility of it being true not completely implausible, maybe unlikely, but then again Clinton didn't have sexual relations with that woman, or any other ie. Flowers, Jones etc.. either. Which leads to my question what if it is true? :popcorn:

Guest jackdog

It may well be very true. But the problem is the Big O is the super star of the mass media, the savior of the people, the man that will get America back on her feet again. The powers that be are not going to let that slip from their grasp. And should it slip from their grasp there will be an internal violent conflict. Which in its self should solve our problems one way or the other.

Question is still out there and apparently not answered to the satisfaction of what looks like a growing segment of the population.

Yep. The same sort of people who think "Maybe that FOX show was right and we didn't really land on the moon."

i will not take sides in this but could he not stop all of this by producing the original certificate. and not a so-called copy

Not everyone can do that. Based on that logic I can't prove I was born in the US. My "original" birth cert, the one that was physically handed to my parents, is long gone. When I needed a passport I had to contact the county where I was born and get them to send me a copy.

Guest 70below
Not everyone can do that. Based on that logic I can't prove I was born in the US. My "original" birth cert, the one that was physically handed to my parents, is long gone. When I needed a passport I had to contact the county where I was born and get them to send me a copy.

You apparently are not up on this issue. Your "original" birth certificate as requested in this case (Certificate of Live Birth) is available to anyone (for a charge) from the hospital in which they were born, or in some cases the municipality's public records from which they were born in. They're not requesting that he present a birth certificate held by his mother and father the day of his birth. A Certificate of Live Birth (COLB) is merely a certified copy of a birth certificate which has a raised stamp (much like you would have if you went and had a document notorized).

My understanding is they review the original document in their records and issue a Certified copy of the COLB. The copy he has provided is a digital copy of his certified copy COLB and a document which could be physically inspected with the raised seal as received from his hospital of birth has never been provided. We all know what can be done with photoshop. Most likely, the copy you received to get your passport was a COLB. The passport issuing agency needed to prove your citizenship, much like they are requesting to verify Obama's, and are requesting what any other law abiding citizen would be required to provide to prove such.

Edited by 70below
Guest bkelm18

As others have stated, this is a rather old topic and absolutely nothing will come of it. Guaranteed. Obama is too much of an international star to let anything like this ruin his presidency.

Guest canynracer

From the story....

"IF he was born out of country and IF some court wants to make an issue of it, then it might just simply enable the fastest constitutional amendment in American history. There is no chance the election will be overturned over it. Again, mom was a citizen," said the commentary.

That is what will happen...

Guest nraforlife
Technically no he is not. He is President elect.

And CONSTITUTIONALLY if he is NOT native born he cannot be President much less President elect.

Funny, how such a BIG FRICKIN deal was made out of GW's NG record but this is a well hell I'll guess I'll put my head in the sand moment.

How can one say that they are all for the Constitution and the rights we have, ie. the 2nd Amendment, and NOT be concerned that we may have someone as President that is in violation of the Constitution itself.

Lets get it resolved and move on BUT it needs to be resolved.

Guest bkelm18
And CONSTITUTIONALLY if he is NOT native born he cannot be President much less President elect.

Funny, how such a BIG FRICKIN deal was made out of GW's NG record but this is a well hell I'll guess I'll put my head in the sand moment.

How can one say that they are all for the Constitution and the rights we have, ie. the 2nd Amendment, and NOT be concerned that we may have someone as President that is in violation of the Constitution itself.

Lets get it resolved and move on BUT it needs to be resolved.

If you honestly think this is going to become anything more than a rumor then you really don't know politics.

Remember the documents that proved GW lied about his National Guard service? Our unbiased media (ie Dan Rather) reported that very quickly and professionally. Never mind the documents in question were created MS Word.

Well put.

Guest GUTTERbOY

My understanding, based on a small amount of research, is that there's no official definition of what exactly "natural born" constitutes... which sure doesn't help in situations like this...

whatever, Obamas mother is US citizen and thru her he is an American...does that means that kids born in Germany by his American mother is not an American? don`t you guys have other things to do in life, other than chasing ghosts? Guy is ok, he is American, he is inteligent and carismatic (all of the things nobody can say about W. ) and he is a democrat and he will be the president of USA...I can`t believe that there is still out there people who are not tired of disfunctional govement and failed policies and economics that brought this country to its knees....we are not in depression because of Obama... and to be talking crazy and putting the guy down before he even stepped in to the white house is, if nothing else, disrespectful....I`m not crazy about obama or any politican or any goverment but I sure do hope it wil better than Bush...

Guest 70below
whatever, Obamas mother is US citizen and thru her he is an American...does that means that kids born in Germany by his American mother is not an American? don`t you guys have other things to do in life, other than chasing ghosts? Guy is ok, he is American, he is inteligent and carismatic (all of the things nobody can say about W. ) and he is a democrat and he will be the president of USA...I can`t believe that there is still out there people who are not tired of disfunctional govement and failed policies and economics that brought this country to its knees....we are not in depression because of Obama... and to be talking crazy and putting the guy down before he even stepped in to the white house is, if nothing else, disrespectful....I`m not crazy about obama or any politican or any goverment but I sure do hope it wil better than Bush...

My personal opinion of President Elect Obama has nothing to do with my stance or interest in this issue. There are requirements to fill the Office of the President, and I simply want P.E. Obama to reveal what his former political rival already has.

Senator McCain faced a similar suit in court requesting proof that he was in fact a "Natural Born" citizen due to the fact he was born in Panama. He was honest and forthright providing the court with all the requested documentation and the court found in his favor. P.E. Obama has ducked the issue in my opinion, and the court ruled in several cases that the plaintiff lacked the "standing" to request this documentation. I feel that a voting citizens of the United States of America, that should be sufficient "standing" to request that proof be given. Granted, the court should not be faced with every Tom, Dick, and Jane who wants information about the canidates, but I feel a single case should be brough forward with challenges addressed fairly and promptly.

An American mother who has a child in Germany, definitely gives birth to an American child, that has never been in question. However, based on previous court decisions it would appear if that child was not born on a US military installation in Germany, that child would not seem to be "natural born" but a "statutory" citizen.

Uh, no. as a matter of fact it doesn't. same way Mexican citizens who have their babies here are not doesn't make their children Mexicans. You keep saying you don't like Obama but your defense of each and every criticism is telling.

P.E. Obama has ducked the issue in my opinion,...

He hasn't ducked the issue. He has released a his birth certificate for all to see. It was posted on his website months ago, and it's all over the internet. It has the official stamp and raised seal. The Hawaii Department of Health has verified that the birth certificate is legitimate, and that they hold the original in their files.

Obama is a US citizen, plain and simple. If someone has proof to the contrary, please share it. I am still waiting for responses to similar requests I made in several other threads on this subject. As yet, nobody has posted any proof. I'm not holding my breath.

Guest 70below
He hasn't ducked the issue. He has released a his birth certificate for all to see. It was posted on his website months ago, and it's all over the internet. It has the official stamp and raised seal. The Hawaii Department of Health has verified that the birth certificate is legitimate, and that they hold the original in their files.

Obama is a US citizen, plain and simple. If someone has proof to the contrary, please share it. I am still waiting for responses to similar requests I made in several other threads on this subject. As yet, nobody has posted any proof. I'm not holding my breath.

In my opinion a digital document cannot be properly certified. The original is purported to have been inspected by Factcheck.org, who incidently is a former employer and campaign contributor of P.E. Obama.